Platinum Circle Club Members ?

Suzanne2

This will be my first cruise with Platinum status. As far as I can tell you get three additional bennies for this -

1. Platinum check-in which is supposed to be faster.

2. Free Internet Access

3. A lounge with food/drinks to wait in for Disembarkation

For those of you who have used these bennies, what do you think of them? Do they really make a difference?

While I'm not Platinum (yet! LOL) I did get some of those same services as a suite passenger (they lump a lot of the Platinum and suite perks people together)

Free internet I loved because I could check in back home to make sure my little ones were doing ok

The Platinum check in was kind of a joke.....the line for it was 3 times as long as the regular deck check in so I just used that instead

The lounge to wait in was ok..wasn't crowded so that was nice...the food I don't really remember..I think there was coffee and some pastries. Oh and cookies, I know DH got a cookie.

Suzanne... to answer your questions:

-- sometimes yes, most of the time, no. I just go to the shortest line

2. Free Internet Access

-- yes... if you use the Internet, this is a big bennie. When you log on, you'll be charged for the time. However, all Internet charges will be deducted at the end of the cruise. Make sure you check your onboard statement.

-- sometimes this has been really nice to have; other times, there have been so many Platinum members that it didn't make any difference. It'll depend on the ship and cruise. If it's a longer cruise with fewer families, there'll be a LOT of Platinum members. If it's a 7-day Caribbean cruise, it'll be a nice bennie. That's been my experience. Even with that, I usually just go to the Horizon Court, have a nice breakfast and then go to the Platinum lounge.

I just became Platinum this month on the Sapphire and this is what I found.

Platinum check-in at San Francisco - I did not see one but there was no lines for my deck so walked up and signed in.

Internet usage - came in very handy as DH checked about every two days as he has an elderly parent.

Lounge - did not use it; our choice, we stood out on the promenade deck and watch the doings going along there.

Marilyn

We used the platinum check-in on the Caribbean Princess in October. There was no line, but you can use the shortest line (as atested in the other posts). Internet service was better in and around ports ....really slow away. waiting room was nice, quiet, clean, relaxing.

Terry & Christine

2000 Ocean

2000 Ocean

2001 Grand

2002 Grand

2003 Sun

2004 Caribbean

2005 Diamond (1/22/05)

In San Pedro, the Platinum lounge (embarkation) is nice (althought they need a bar!). The free internet is the best perk. For Mex Riv, since there are so many Platinum cruisers here in So Cal, the disembarkation lounge is waaaay too crowded to enjoy.

Hi All,

Dito to the poster who said the best perk is the free internet. Just returned for 30 days on the Royal, if we were't platinum it could have gotten very expensive. Enjoy until you reach elite.

Regards,

Shannon

1. Platinum check-in is usually a breeze except when the check-in desk first opens at noon, then that line is as long as any other. If you can wait until 1:00 pm or later to check-in, there will be no line.

2. Free Internet access is good if you go on-line often during the cruise. Cost otherwise is about $.15/min.

3. Platinum-only lounge for disembarkation is your biggest benefit. The morning of disembarkation can be somewhat frantic with most of the available chairs on the ship occupied around 6:00 am, either with people or luggage waiting to get off the ship starting at 8:00 am. Those that have to stand usually hover over the chairs waiting for an empty one.

Juice, coffee and sweet-rolls will be available in the lounge. Most importantly, you will have chair space to sit in and room for your hand-carry luggage on the floor without being crowded.

It makes disembarkation morning almost pleasant.

The platinum embarkation lounge in San Pedro was great. The platinum and elite members were allowed on the ship before the rest of the crowd. This is a great benefit when there are 3000 people embarking. Didn't see much difference between platinum check-in and regular check-in. There were no lines when I arrive.

I really like the free internet. When you are addicted to the Cruise Critic it is impossible not to check in daily to see what is going on. This benefit saved me quite a bit of money.:D

Another benefit of platinum, is the upgraded cruise insurance. I think it doubles the coverage for medical and if you have to cancel your cruise for any not covered reason, you get a 90% cruise credit on a future cruise. So you get the gold package for the standard price. A very good benefit for those who purchase travel insurance.

This will be my first cruise with Platinum status. As far as I can tell you get three additional bennies for this -

2. Free Internet Access

For those of you who have used these bennies, what do you think of them? Do they really make a difference?

Another benefit of platinum, is the upgraded cruise insurance.

1. Has saved us hours most of the 8 times we've used it :)

2. For a 12 day cruise saves us over $200 :cool: (cost was more than .15/min)

charges removed each night

3. Lounge was not always offered. Only 3 out of 8 cruises :(

Insurance - nice "bennie" just hope never have to use it. ;)

Just off of the Golden Princess, first time cruising with elite status. The comp’ed laundry service was great!

The Platinum check-in line at San Juan was longer than those checking in by deck. We opted for the deck line and were on ship in fifteen minutes.

Internet access was much better on the Golden than on earlier cruise this year on the Regal. Internet cafe was open 24 hours, just swipe your cruise card and you are on! All charges are deducted off of your account the last night of the cruise.

Captains Circle representative staffed the disembarkation lounge in the Wheelhouse along with bar tender service and coffee, juice and pastries. A very nice place to wait as the rep. asked people show their cruise cards in order to enter. This kept the crowds way down.

Best perk was the captains invite to the bridge during a sea day!

Archived