TA Stuff Up

mikeyg0

Hey guys,

I've got 4 cabins booked on my upcoming cruise (1 balcony and 3 insides) and the other night one of the insides was allocated a room and it was on deck 2, whereas the other rooms were all on deck 8 right next to each other.

I emailed my TA to change the inside on level 2 back to a 'guarantee' to see if they were allocated a better room. (they were already allocated the lowest grade so I couldn't do any worse) and I saw that some better insides had become available. I gave my TA the RIGHT invoice number to change, and even mentioned the passenger name of who is staying in that room.

What my TA then did, was changed one of the insides that was on deck 8 and close to the other rooms instead of the one I asked her to change!?!? We now have one inside on deck 8, one on 2 and one on guarantee? To make matters worse, the room that we were originally had on deck 8 (the one she wasn't meant to change but did) is now showing unavailable!

What options do I have? I've emailed her a very to the point email, I called her and left a voice mail and I haven't heard anything back. I'm going to try again tonight (your morning, as I am in Australia) but what happens if she says 'oh sorry bad luck'?? What else can I do?? I'm SO annoyed because now we're all going to be split over the boat because of her mistake!

Thanks,

Michael.

That's why I love my brick/morter TA, but that doesn't help your situation.

My advice would be to just go with the flow with the cabins you now have. We often cruise with friends, and I really don't mind if we are at the opposite ends of the ship on different levels. We just use the phone and set meeting places and times.

I would say that if children are involved, make sure that adults are near them. I know, I know, adults should be with children, but it doesn't always happen that way. Just ask me about our last cruise with the kids across the hallway.

Anyway, being me, that's what I'd do. You're on a ship, not in a city, and it's just a matter of a few moments to meet with someone in a far away cabin.

Have fun cruising,

Shay

It sounds like you are probably stuck with your situation if the ship is filling up. OTOH, I wouldn't stop trying to see if the TA could make some correction.

If you feel that you communicated your desires correctly to the TA and they failed to follow through, your only real recourse is to use a different TA for future cruises.

As far as the type of TA (cruise line, brick & mortar, internet) IMHO it doesn't make any difference. There are good and bad, reliable and unreliable in all categories. Our worst service came from the only brick & mortar that we've used.

We've used one TA at one of the major onlines for all of our bookings since then. We lucked out when we called since the first call goes to whoever has an open line. Service was great, she asked all the right questions, she's solved a couple of problems, finds us discounts when available, never let us down.

Good luck,

Charlie

If you haven't made your last payment, you could find a better, more educated, (intellegent?), TA who wants your business, who could help you and you can transfer your booking. Next to that...get to the owner of that TA! The squeeky wheel gets oiled, you know. (Or so my DH keeps telling me.)

I sincerely hope you can get some satisfaction. Good Luck.

:(

Archived