Will 13 &15 yr olds be bored on TransAtlantic crossing? 16 day

steveaaaa

Steve, I find redeeming the points for the cash vouchers to be the best deal. We used a $1,000 voucher last year and will be using another one next year for our Liberty cruise.

I always use the $1000 off but we get about 240,000 points a year (2 cards) and it is hard to use them all.So we use multiple rewards.I have a cruise coming up that is $167.60 for 4 of us thanks to points.

Steve

You really need to check with your school system. See what their policy is on vacation absences from school.

Where we live, vacations are not considered excused absences and the kids are not allowed to make up the work missed. They get zeros for the work they missed which can really affect even an "A" students grade average.

You really need to check with your school system. See what their policy is on vacation absences from school.

Where we live, vacations are not considered excused absences and the kids are not allowed to make up the work missed. They get zeros for the work they missed which can really affect even an "A" students grade average.

Our school system is that way now, when I take them out every year for 10 days (6 school days). The way around it is to take them to the local walk in medical center and tell them that they were absent for a few days and need a note to go back to school. The medical center charges me $45 for a quick check and a note. A note from a doctor is an excused absence.

Steve

Our school system is that way now, when I take them out every year for 10 days (6 school days). The way around it is to take them to the local walk in medical center and tell them that they were absent for a few days and need a note to go back to school. The medical center charges me $45 for a quick check and a note. A note from a doctor is an excused absence.

Steve

Steve,

I'm REALLy starting to think that you make this stuff up just to get a reaction....OK, honestly, I'm not starting to think that...I've suspected for a while...now I'm SURE of it.

Steve,

I'm REALLy starting to think that you make this stuff up just to get a reaction....OK, honestly, I'm not starting to think that...I've suspected for a while...now I'm SURE of it.

What type of reaction would you expect me to get? They are very serious about unexcused absences and this is the only way to beat them. I am very frugal and I hate dropping $90 for 2 kids for 10 minutes.

If I want a reaction from something you should know I would start a new topic and the opening paragraph would have some STP content. Being buried in a thread that is read by very few is not my type of STP postings.:D

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
dmfriedman, there is a group cruise for this particular transatlantic sailing on Cruise Mates. If you go to cruisemates.com and click on Group Cruises, you should find it. It looks as though they still have cabins available.
Alas, I should have checked back sooner for responses -- they're now showing completely sold out. :(

Guess I'll just have to make do with a Mediterranean sailing. :)

Archived