10 pax - taxis or private tour guide?

sendtodb

Have 10 people (3 grandparents, 4 adults, 3 kids); Arriving San Juan noon, 1 pm & 2:30. Just assumed we'd all wait for each other at the airport before heading towards the pier (ship leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time). RCCL is supposed to have transportation for us, but I've heard it's more expensive than taxis, and you may have to deal with the wait. So I was thinking several taxis or a large van... should I run into any problems with this approach about 3pm on a Saturday? Also, would we be able to stop somewhere for water/soda/liquor purchases?

Last day, some folks leaving the pier area immediately, 2 grandparents leaving for airport around noon, but the rest of us (1 grandparent, 2 parents & 2 kids) have 6pm-ish flights. Would love to have some show us around a rainforest, or maybe a fort/beach day? Would love someone with personality, who is fun, informative, etc. Any ideas?

Also read about the possibility of a hotel day rental, but it sounds like it's a last minute availability-type thing? Also, what to do with the luggage while we are out & about seeing San Juan in a van?

Sorry for the long post, but figured I'd get everything answered in one place! Thanks in advance!

We had a group of 8 people and booked a post cruise tour with Countryside Tours. (countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com) We were met at the pier with an air conditioned van that held all of our luggage. We toured the island and then ended at the airport. I emailed Victor from Countryside and he was very easy to work with. He asked our interests and arranged a custom tour. Our driver, Frank, was wonderful.

We had a group of 8 people and booked a post cruise tour with Countryside Tours. (countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com) We were met at the pier with an air conditioned van that held all of our luggage. We toured the island and then ended at the airport. I emailed Victor from Countryside and he was very easy to work with. He asked our interests and arranged a custom tour. Our driver, Frank, was wonderful.

I will second the vote for Victor at Countryside Tours. Our flights home were not till 7PM so we wanted something to fill the time, and be assured our luggage would be taken care of. Victor picked us up promptly and exactly where he said he would be after our cruise last year, took us on a wonderful tour, quick lunch (delicious!) and to the airport. Really great guy, he really knows the island and is very proud of Puerto Rico.

We are sailing in a little less than 4 weeks, and Victor was the first tour that I tried to arrange, but unfortunately someone booked him first :mad:

However, he found us another tour operator and vouched for him, so I am completely comfortable with our transport, even if it isn't Victor.

You cannot go wrong with Countryside Tours!

Archived