Refurb of Pride before it comes to Baltimore?

andnickali

when will cruising from here start? and is the pride the only ship going?

this is a quick and inexpensive flight for me.

so, it is definitely a port i can see myself sailing from soon.

no airfare for me either but the itinerary sucks. Rather pay for air and actually go to the Caribbean.

Bill

The Pride comes to Baltimore in Fall 09, the schedule is posted and starting in early 10 it changes to do some more of the Caribbean.

I'm not crazy about the stops in the Bahamas or Florida- but for us it is an hour drive and the price is great. We love the sea days and our kids have never been to the Bahamas.

If I were having to pay for airfare, I would probably look at flying south for more options.

What we are hoping for is that Carnival will put some competition into the Baltimore port (which is severly lacking in options) and RC and others were change out their ships and put in something newer. I've heard Celebrity is bringing in a fairly new ship for 2009 to Baltimore, although I haven't seen it on the web site yet.

Baltimore pulls from the entire DC metro area and is an easy drive from Pittsburgh and other areas west- I'm not sure why the cruise industry has overlooked us for so many years. I do know that sailing out of the Bay is not the fastest and have heard that is one of the reasons- but for passengers it is a nice sail.

I don't know....I've priced a 2010 trip for DH, DS, DD and me (in two cabins - one inside & one OV) and it's over 4k:eek: I also don't like the fact that there is very little time in the actual ports, but I do like sea days, so it's okay for me, but DH likes to dive and would be hard pressed to be able to get a two tank in during the ports:( I really think I could find a cruise from FL and airfare and be under the 1k per person level - plus get a better itinerary. Don't get me wrong, I love sailing from B'more (did it in '06 on Grandeur, but it was a nine nighter so we had nice long port times). JMHO

Archived