Lido Deck On The Caribbean Princess

ARKANSASCRUISERS

My wife and I sailed on the CB in November, 2006 to the Eastern Caribbean. We were on the Lido deck in stateroom L256 balcony. I thought it may be noisy in that location, but it was very quiet. It's really convenient to the buffets and Muts and pools. It is a very active deck and we loved it. I would book the Lido again in the future. Have a great cruise.

We were in L206 on the Caribbean Princess last year and it was wonderful. Our room steward left lots to be desired but the location to the pools and areas we liked to go was wonderful. It was great to never have to wait for an elevator. We just walked out our door and we were there.

A couple of cautions:

We had rough seas the first couple of nights which made me a little queesy. You could feel a lot more movement being that high up and that far forward. But, I just took some dramamine and I was totally fine the next day and kept taking it throughout the cruise.

Also, if possible, try to choose a room on the port side. Above you are the massage rooms and little noise. If you get a starboard side, you are under the gym and the treadmills.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew:)

We were in L250 in July. Way too noisy. People in the hallway constantly going to and from the pool, or loudly decided "what to do" or where to meet. And, more motion than I have felt in the past on close to 20 cruises.

Oh no! We're in L250 in a few short days on the Emerald. Well, I'll hope those noisy people are not on our cruise. I guess you can have noisy neighbors anywhere... :rolleyes:

We were in L250 in July. Way too noisy. People in the hallway constantly going to and from the pool, or loudly decided "what to do" or where to meet. And, more motion than I have felt in the past on close to 20 cruises.

We liked it, loved our balcony. We stayed in L226 and in a Baja deck mid-ship balcony cabin previously - you do feel much more motion, I was kind of surprised how much more given the size of the ship. (Altho only for a couple days, when we were skirting the leftovers of Hurricane Dean) But we like that anyway; you actually feel like you're "sailing" when you go to sleep as opposed to being in a hotel- it kind of rocks you to sleep. :) But if you don't like motion, then you might want some where else.

We asked to be moved away from the elevators when our TA first said we were in L302 - so we stayed in L226, much more forward, and it was very quiet underneath the massage side of the spa/gym (except for the crazy loud people underneath us and that's just the luck of the draw no matter where you are!)

I definitely second what rcacace says about the cabins aft of the elevator bay - there was always a very steady stream of people coming back and forth thru those double doors and heading to or from the elevators and pools. I bet L312 and L311 right by the doors might not be great. Plus if I recall correctly the stewards station is off the side there across from those. However, my sister-in-law was in L304 and they had no complaints about traffic or noise, so I was surprised to read Josie2 in L250 was bothered being several cabins forward of that. Maybe that's the luck of the draw too, how loud your felllow pax get in the halls.

Hey Evies. Say hi to Hedy for us (cabin steward) she is awesome. I bet in October there will not be as much traffic in the hallways. For one, I think it will be an older crowd. In July it was full of teens and young people. I also doubt there will be alot of pool traffic - though we did also find the "young folk" sitting in the hallway often eating from the grill/pizza just outside. I know it was crowded but - - in the hallway? We also had air conditioning issues but again, October should not be a problem for you. I always wanted to try the Lido deck, glad I did but I will not do it again. Riveria is my next try. I thought it would be great being close to the pool/buffet - and that was good but more downsides than upsides for us.

My post - where my sister-in-law was in L304 with no complaints - was in regards to traveling to the Caribbean in late August. As bubbadog points out, once everybody goes back to school and summer vacations are done, it should be better. If L311 wasn't bad for bubbadog in October then I wouldn't worry about L302 and certainly woudn't worry abut L250.

Have a great trip!

Oh no! We're in L250 in a few short days on the Emerald. Well, I'll hope those noisy people are not on our cruise. I guess you can have noisy neighbors anywhere... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about L250 since it is a short ways from the elevator where most of the traffic originated. Even that traffic is mostly during the day when you'll be out doing something & not sleeping. The main stream of traffic is from the elevator going to the pools and Horizon buffet so you should be fine.

Archived