Owners suite--Dawn

Rahi

We just got off one of the Owner's Suites on the Dawn, 10006. There are 4, all in front at the corners on decks 9 and 10. You have 2 balconies, a large one in front and a double wide one on the side. The one in front is windy when sailing, the one on the side is sheltered. We did a Canada/New England cruise so we mostly used the side balcony except when in port. The front one is nice when entering or leaving port, but when it was a bit chilly when moving at speed. The side balcony has 2 sliding glass doors (2 separate entrances) while the front balcony has a wooden hinged door and a big picture window. There's also a big steel bulkhead door for the front balcony they close at night and in bad weather.

The cabin is fantastic!

davejohn: We're scheduled to sail over New Years on the Dawn in Owner's Suite 9506--we would welcome any reports on how you found the suites and service. This will be our first "freestyle" cruise on NCL, and we are excited to try the range of different restaurants, as well as enjoy a few in-suite meals.

Did you have breakfast or dinner in your suite? If so, how did you find the service and food quality compared to the restaurants?

Thanks

The service was excellent! Both Mario our butler and Boris our steward did a fantastic job. We only had breakfast in the suite one morning and it was very good. We usually ate breakfast (and 1 lunch) at Cagney's. We were in port at lunch time most days so we either stopped at a local restaurant or just skipped it. The morning we did eat in was great though. Mario came in, set up the table, and set out our plates and dishes. Every evening he stopped by to deliver a plate of snacks. But I couldn't get him to stop calling me Sir David. :)

The cabin itself is fantastic. 3 days into the cruise we were still finding stuff in cupboards and drawers, binoculars, portable phone, music CD's, all the restaurant and dining room menus for the week, etc.

One tip......shut and latch the interior doors between rooms at night. If you don't, and you hit rough seas you'll be getting up to shut them. They tend to slide back and forth and bang as the ship rolls.

davejohn: Thank you for all the details on the suite--it sounds fantastic. One additional question--was there wireless internet access in the suite?

Thanks

No, but the suite includes a laptop and Ethernet connection. You could plug in your own laptop or use theirs.

Or bring your own router (BYOR?) and set up you own wireless if you want to surf on the balcony. :)

• 1 month later...

DaveJohn,

Thanks for sharing your Dawn AA photos...

Hope you don't mind, I looked through your other albums. Absolutely stunning photographs. I've been to Bermuda quite a bit, and you put a whole new perspective on what I've already seen.

Thank you again.

One tip......shut and latch the interior doors between rooms at night. If you don't, and you hit rough seas you'll be getting up to shut them. They tend to slide back and forth and bang as the ship rolls.

You do not have to "shut" and latch them...the doors can be "latched" in the open or closed position;)

• 2 weeks later...
If you had three people (myself, husband and 19 year old son) would you choose the owners suite or the AB penthouse. I understand the living area is bigger on the owners suite but does the sofa pull out to a bed in the living room

I answered your question on your other thread, but will answer here too. As far as I know, there is NO pull out sofa in the Dawn class AA suites. But I do recall seeing one AA on the Dawn in particular bookable for 3 persons (cabin 10006). This is unique in the Dawn and Jewel class. When I phoned to ask about the 3rd person accommodations, I was told there was a pullman bed somewhere - but nobody has confirmed this from experience. The cabin itself does list a pullman bed, but I have no idea where in the cabin it is. I would much prefer the AA to the AB, having stayed in both on a different ship.

Robin

Archived