princess cruise bridal hair and makeup help

bwchippie

i am getting married on st thomas in feb 09 whilst on a cruise onboard caribbean princess with the wedding being organised by twe.

can anyone tell me what arangments they made for bridal hairdressing and makeup as our wedding will be early in the day.

can you pre book an appointment prior to the cruise

I wasn't allowed to pre-book my hair and make-up appointment for November :(. We tried... and they basically said you can book anything BUT hair and make-up (facials, massages, etc....).

Sooo, as soon as we're on the ship we're heading straight to the spa to book our appointment. I hope I can get early in there, as our wedding is quite early too!

I think that if you're booked through TWE they can pre-arrange the appointments though. I'm not sure, as I'm not using TWE. I would suggest calling them and checking.

TWE will arrange up to 4 hair appointments for you in advance if you are arranging your wedding through them (we made 2 additional ones on embarkation day without any problem). The lady in the salon did a wonderful job with my hair.

TWE will not arrange makeup. Talk to the salon on embarkation day to see if they will do your makeup (it seems like it's not something they usually do). We were told on embarkation day that they would do makeup if we brought our own makeup for them to use, but then the morning of the wedding they said they were too busy. One of the boutiques did my makeup (usually you have to buy more than something like $200 in makeup for them to do this, but I think they felt bad for me). Definitely be prepared to do your own makeup.

I am getting married in 3 weeks on the Crown. I finished making all the last minute checks with TWE today. My rep was GREAT! I made an appointment in the salon for me and my MOH for the wedding day. I didn't do the makeup because so many people say you can have it done at the shop that sells makeup.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Spoke To Twe And They Can Book Hilary's Hair Appointment,

Make Up Is Something Else Though, Twe Can Arrange Through A Local Makeup Artist Who Can Come Aboard But At A Cost Of $250!!!!,

I Think Hilary Will Be Doing D.i.y. Makeup!!!!

Archived