Raven33

Raven33

We are scheduled to cruise on Ecstasy on 11-10-08. We had hotel reservations at Best Western on Seawall Blvd for 11-09. Best Western Customer Service called me Sat. to say it could not honor reservations. Should be back in service by Nov. 30, 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When our Galveston Reservations were cancelled, I made reservations in Webster. Now that Galveston Port will be open, I am keeping the one we have. Just 25 miles to Galveston. Not sure Galveston is ready for and influx of people.

I am happy to see that you were able to find a hotel. They are few and far between around here in Houston. We will be on the Ecstacy on 11/10 as well, but we live in Sealy...about 50 miles west of Houston...so we are driving that morning

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. This is a little late for you, but I just wanted to say have fun on your trip. I'm a resident of Galveston, and the cruise ships are indeed back. I just watched one sail away yesterday. It was painful to not be aboard. I have to wait until next spring. Sorry your hotel reservations had to be changed. So many residents of Galveston were displaced after Ike, so most hotel rooms are full of evacuees. I'm glad you were able to find something in Webster. If you're arriving in Galveston in the morning of 11/10, you may want to budget some extra time. There is road construction just before the causeway (brand new causeway just opening up), and there have been traffic tie ups during rush hour (7am to 8:30am) all this week. Once again, have fun cruising!

Archived