Pirate Party

ErieCruiser08

They give you a pirate bandana at dinner, so I would say that the majority of the passengers were just wearing that for the pirate party that night. We bought pirate hats at WDW before we left. And then some did dressed from head to tow in pirate gear, but they were in the minority.

This was Wonder's Pirate party 2 weeks ago...

128.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

138.jpg

140.jpg

145.jpg

Thanks so much for your response and the cool pictures! It makes me even more excited for our cruise in January! It looks like most people play it casual, so we will probably just keep it simple too. The reason we wanted to know is because we got some really cool pirate costumes for halloween and thought we could wear them on our cruise if everyone else was dressed up. But we don't want to stand out from the crowd (hehe us traveling with no kids, just the 2 of us). We'd probably get some looks--but hey, we are definitely kids at heart:p

We don't have any children, but my husband and I always dress up. Each time we go on a Disney cruise, my husband has to do something to further enhance his costume. And believe it or not, I hate halloween! We never received any of those looks, only remarks on what cool costumes. there was one lady who was dressed to the hills in her costume, and was all smiles when she finally found someone else dressed on our last cruise. DH had to stop for a picture with her. It's just a lot of fun. We're going in November with friends (first time cruisers). At first , they were not going to dress up, but now are really into the pirate theme. it's a lot of fun!

:) Ok, so maybe we will dress up in our pirate costumes! It's all about having fun anyways, right?!!

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Oh no doubt, if you have the costumes then take them! I loved looking at all of the costumes. You won't "stand out" in a bad way.

I think I developed quite a little crush on the Captain Jack Sparrow at WDW. :o

Have fun!!!! :D

They give you a pirate bandana at dinner, so I would say that the majority of the passengers were just wearing that for the pirate party that night. We bought pirate hats at WDW before we left. And then some did dressed from head to tow in pirate gear, but they were in the minority.

This was Wonder's Pirate party 2 weeks ago...

128.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

138.jpg

140.jpg

145.jpg

I was just on the Magic last week and they didn't give out bandanas for the pirate party at dinner. We bought our pirate accessories from home.

We just got off the Wonder on Thursday and at least 1/3 of the people were dressed up. We wore complete pirate costumes, and also went to the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. Many people said "nice costumes" and we didn't feel weird being dressed up. If you have the costumes anyway, take them and have fun!

Out of curiosity how much were the pirate hats at WDW?? My boys are saving their money, but I'm thinking that's a GREAT thing for them to buy at WDW! That way we won't have to pack it all the way from Idaho! I have a son who is BIG into drama so, to say the least, he'll want to dress up ... I'll be lucky if he's not in costume EVERY DAY we're there!

My family completely dressed from head to toe, we were definitely in the minority. But gosh, we're at a pirate party at sea -- have some fun.

My husband's costume was so over the top -- people kept asking him questions because they thought he worked on the ship.

It was fun, the kids got a real kick out of their parents going all out.

Out of curiosity how much were the pirate hats at WDW?? My boys are saving their money, but I'm thinking that's a GREAT thing for them to buy at WDW! That way we won't have to pack it all the way from Idaho!

In addition to the "Jack Sparrow" pirate hat, did you know you can also get pirate Mickey-Ears? They are so cute, complete with faux earring in one ear and bandana.

CeleBrat

Some don't dress up at all, some stick with pirate-themed t-shirts, some go all out. Really, I can't imagine who would "stick out" in that crowd! (OK, a nudist might get a few :eek:s.)

DH has a puffy shirt and a bandana he wears with khaki pants. DS7 has the red MM ears complete with a bandana, plus a ruffly shirt he wears with black pants. I have the red/white spotted Goofy ears hat, plus a Mr. Smee-look striped shirt and black gauchos. Almost all of it courtesy of our local Goodwill store. :cool:

piratefamily.jpg

mk

My family just did pirate accessories...eyepatches, stuffed parrots, head scarves. Onboard, I bought a hot pink "pirate princess" hat which was really cute, but be forewarned...the color ran and I had to pack it in a plastic bag to avoid the color getting on my other stuff. Arrgggh!

We have early dining, so I was thinking of going to dinner and entertainment dressed regularly, but changing into Pirate costumes for the Pirate Party. We are also wearing the costumes for Halloween in the Magic Kingdom after the cruise.

Do you think we will have enough time to change after the entertainment and before the party?

Thanks!

Will you have time between them? Yes. You'll miss some of the deck party, but it's not a big deal.

But part of the fun, IMO, is being dressed up during the evening. The servers will be dressed in pirate gear. On anything greater than the 3 night, you'll have a special "pirate themed" dinner complete with treasure maps for menus. The pirate theme doesn't suddenly start up at 9pm.

We had the early seating in the picture above and, as you can tell, dressed for the evening before our 5:30 seating (we cruised in August--it was light up until 8:30pm!).

mk

I agree with Chip n Dale, half the fun is dressing for dinner and the show. The whole night is a pirate theme, even some of the backdrops for pictures are pirate themed. On of the best pictures we have from a cruise is the pirate background dressed in our pirate garb.

Archived