Singapore-transfer from ship to airport

cruzagain

Hi Myrtlewinston,

Are you familiar with the airport security/visitors visa? I know as Canadians we don't require a visa to leave the airport for a sightseeing tour but heard that they are fussy. I sent an e-mail to Singapore tourism but no reply yet. How hot & humid in December?:cool:

its only about $20 to Changi airport check what terminal you leave from as there are 3. leave your luggage here then take the train into the city from the airport. you can tour most of Singapore useing the train, the taxi fare again about $20, the cruise terminal is in Vivo City the train is here as well. check out Vivo City on the net.its the bigest shopping centre in s/pore. there is a cable car that will take you to Sentosa Island. to tour the island takes about three hours including lunch.the island was used over the years to defend s/pore, but in the last war the guns where facing the wrong way, and the japanese came in overland on push bikes. come back on the bus or train to here or go to Ochard rd, then train or taxi to changi.its a easy country to travel around you will enjoy S/pore.Changi airport is very modern and is a great place if you have to spend a lot of time there. it has a transfer train between terminals.it has a transit hotel rooms that you can book for 6 hour terms but you have to be in the transit area.Grumphy

Cruz again.

We are on the same cruise,but will stay in Sin.five days and proceed to Phuket for about 2 weeks and then will be Island hopping in Thailand for a

couple of weeks before flying back to Denmark.Europeans are not so lucky

to have air incl,so we take advantage of the possibilities when touring,just a

suggestion for you.See you.Fred

Fred if your staying in Phuket 2 weeks split it by staying in differant parts on the island. if you need advice about thailand please ask. there are some very good budget a/lines that serve this country. Grumphy

Hi Myrtlewinston,

Are you familiar with the airport security/visitors visa? I know as Canadians we don't require a visa to leave the airport for a sightseeing tour but heard that they are fussy. I sent an e-mail to Singapore tourism but no reply yet. How hot & humid in December?:cool:

Hi,

Sorry, but I'm not since I hold a Singapore passport. Singapore's temperature usually hovers around the mid-20s to low-30s (celcius). December is the rainy season, so that should cool it down somewhat.

Grumpy.

Thank`s but we have been to Thailand several times, a couple of years ago we rented an apartment at Patong beach for three months and know Phuket

pretty well.Are you on cruise Rome-Sin??will be fun meeting you.

Fred

Thank you for the offer but will look at the return cruise Sin-Rome i will be in Phuket-Penang-k/lumpor. next year have you been to Hua Hin? or maybe Sin-Bali-Phuket

Grumphy.

Yes we have been to Hua Hin, very nice place.We stayed at the Sofitel-Railway hotel,wonderfull old Colonial place, love garden and beach, and right

in the city.Yes whave been to Sing-Bali

Fred

I stayed at the Hilton this is good also. not sure if you have been to Penang Malaysia you might fit it in on your travels. check this a/line out

its a subsidery of Malaysian a/lines www.fireflyflyz.com.my very cheap fares. it flys Phuket- Penang. if you decide to go i will give you info for hotels. i will be in Bali November its only 3 hours from Perth. Grumphy

I stayed at the Hilton this is good also. not sure if you have been to Penang Malaysia you might fit it in on your travels. check this a/line out

its a subsidery of Malaysian a/lines www.fireflyflyz.com.my very cheap fares. it flys Phuket- Penang. if you decide to go i will give you info for hotels. i will be in Bali November its only 3 hours from Perth. Grumphy

sorry wrong web site try this one www.fireflyz.com.my

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...