Miami Airport to Ft Lauderdale Transfer

Bod

Hi,

I need a recommendation to book a private transfer from Miami Int'l Airport to my hotel in Ft Lauderdale. I have looked on the web and there are so many and as we are travelling from the UK I will need a reliable company who will be there even if the flight is delayed.

Alternatively if anybody knows what it will cost for a regular taxi to the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel that would also be useful.

So if anybody has done this before and have a recommendation I would love to know.

This is probbaly the wrong place to post this question, buy couldn't find a thread for miami.

Thanks

Hi,

I need a recommendation to book a private transfer from Miami Int'l Airport to my hotel in Ft Lauderdale. I have looked on the web and there are so many and as we are travelling from the UK I will need a reliable company who will be there even if the flight is delayed.

Alternatively if anybody knows what it will cost for a regular taxi to the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel that would also be useful.

So if anybody has done this before and have a recommendation I would love to know.

This is probbaly the wrong place to post this question, buy couldn't find a thread for miami.

Thanks

I have in the past used a company called SuperShuttle. They have a web site.I have found them reliable and their price fair..

Michael

Hi,

Thanks

We used Holland Limousine a couple of weeks ago. They transported 6 of us in a stretch limo from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Intercontinental Hotel in Miami for $126 total (included gratuity).

Coming back, they picked us up at Port of Miami in an 11 passenger van (there were 10 of us coming back) and transported us to Ft. Lauderdale Airport for $147 total.

They are an outstanding company. Extremely reliable, courteous, professional and their limo and van were immaculately clean. They provided complimentary bottled water and soda in the limo.

http://www.hollandlimousine.com/

I would definitely use them again.

...Alternatively if anybody knows what it will cost for a regular taxi to the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel that would also be useful....

Did you try asking the hotel about cab costs and other transportation options? Often a good source if you can get to the right person there.

Rent a car. The cost is a lot less than that and there are free shuttle from the port to the airport to get the car. Then it is a short drive to FLL and then

drop the car off and again, there is a free shuttle to the port.

Rent a car. The cost is a lot less than that and there are free shuttle from the port to the airport to get the car. Then it is a short drive to FLL and then

drop the car off and again, there is a free shuttle to the port.

Renting a car is an option.

But!! take it from one who does this a couple times a year--'The WHOLE COST'

Example: Jan1 pickup MIA (airport facility)

Jan 3 return FLL (airport facility)

Using Entertainment discount coupon--in our case 2 class up-grade(chev Impala or similar) needed for amount of luggage--Large Trunk

2 day rental--$52.20

BUT!!!! now we have Rental car facility Chg($4 a day) $8

Concession Recoup Fee 9.89Pct

Florida Surcharge $2/day $4

tire/battery Fee $.02/day $0.04

license Recoupment Fee $.46/day $0.92

Sales tax (7%) $4.93

Fftxrsu (???) $0.13

sub total $23.28

Total: $75.48

a great total cost But!!!

We forgot gas ($4/gal ) tolls (nothings free in Fla)

And in the ops case $19/day parking at th Hyatt66-Ft Laud.

If the ops case-- The Hyatt66 is centrally located for Trolley routes--water taxie--I believe they have a small bus that will take them to beach,shopping at the Galleria or even dinning. (I recommend The Capitol Grille-- pricey--but in line with staying at the Hyatt 66)

(we are going to ft laud. 3 days in Dec. staying at Ft lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club--near the Hyatt66 and will not us a rental car as everything I mentioned above will accommedate our needs--attending wedding at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel)

So!!! the answer is: What ever fits your wants and desires--and What Justifies the COST.

Isn't America wonderful:o !! Have a great cruise.

Hi,

Hi,

Look at Virgin's Web site they have cars @£17 per day all in, but the Blue Shuttle is good and there are many shuttle services also ask the hotel if they have any recomendations. but a Yellow cab will cost about $50.

we are on the Solstice a week after you, have a great trip.

Archived