Triumph Dry Dock Details

Mark

Does anyone have the details of what work will be done to Carnival Triumph while in dry dock? I am sailing on her on Nov 9 and am curious as to what improvements will be noticed...aside from the large screen television monitor to be installed poolside...:cool:

This is what I got when I asked tis question to John Heald

1.When the ship enters dry dock the Carnival triumph will receive upgraded furniture, new carpeting and new shows ! The Seaside Theatre will also be very special and will add so much to the ship, especially at night with movies and concerts under the stars.

Hope this helps!

Glad to see they are in dry dock. We sailed last Oct 2007. Very disapointed with condition of ship. THe 2 hot tubs in the work out room were luke warm and usually broken. THe main swimming pool was out of service for 2 1/2 days. Most of the crew seemed uphappy. THe water slide was shut down for 2 days. The comic entertainer never showed up.

The chocolate buffet was no different then any other day. It was set up at back of ship and was not impressive.

The best food we found was on the right side of ship towards the back. They had the best Rueben sandwiches I have ever eaten. It stayed open until 1 am. The pizza place was open 24 hours.

Our state room had 3 inches of dust under and around the TV. Bring some endust if you have allergies. The laundry room was nice and open 24 hours.

The excursions were fun. Halfmoon cay was wonderful. We booked excursions outside of the cruiseline.

The liquor tasting was fun. Prices on board were about the same as at the port.

Overall we had a good time.

Are they getting a waterpark?

No waterpark!

Only the Fantasy Class ships are getting the Waterworks park....along with the Splendor and Dream

The waterpark is very nice!

As for the beds, I heard the "new" beds have been rolled out fleet wide awhile ago...I may be wrong though. If the Triumph doesn't have them, I'd expect it would after the drydock...they are the most comfortable beds on the seven seas!

Archived