MSC Opera March 26, 2005

patrioticgirl

• 2 months later...

We have booked this cruise, I am a little bit apprehensive and yet excited at the same time. We are traveling with another couple and our teenage children.

We hope that the food is good and that there are things to keep the teens entertained. Does anyone want to share thoughts or ideas? Are there shore excursions worth pursuing? Dress ideas for all? Anything that anyone feels would be good to share.

Thanks

Oh good! There are other people on this ship!

We are:

Diane (myself)

Erika (21)

Jennifer (16)

Heidi (13)

Kim (Kaibigan.... 40 something)

Kobe (7)

We didn't really care which ship or itinerary but my friend Kim has never seen the Caribbean, she's only cruised from the West Coast. I paid $7000 for a Caribbean cruise last Spring Break and just don't think I could do that again... every one in my house wants a new car!

So I got a TA rate with MSC and worked out one for Kim as well. I think she'll be happy...

We haven't really talked much about what we'll do once we dock, but I think we may hire Godfrey in St Thomas again and go to the beach. Maybe Magen's Bay, it's a fun place. St Croix doesn't do anything for me, so maybe a beach, shopping, and lunch. Atlantis and jetskis in Nassau, and shopping in San Juan.

HI there. Since so little information was to be had regarding the MSC cruise, I decided to cancel this trip and will be doing a 10 night Celebrity trip in its place. I am anxious to hear your opinions regarding the sailing, though. I am open to possibly sailing MSC at another date, so I wll look for your review once you return. Happy sailing!

• 4 weeks later...

Sailed On The 1/22/05 And Absoulutly Loved The Ship...food Was Wonderful.....best I've Experienced In Many Years. I Will Be Traveling With 2 18 Year Old Boys And My Mother On 3/26. Glad To Hear There Will Be Other Young Adults. My Son Won't Be Happy To Hear The Drinking Age Is 21. He Likes Rcl And Carnival's 19 Year Old Age For Beer.

Archived