Back from the Inspiration

cherun

Just turned in a review of the Inspiration so hopefully it will get posted soon. We had such a great time, the staff is wonderful, food is good and you can be as entertained as you want. We took a couple with us who had never been before and they loved all the variety of things you could do and they did more than we did. We still had lots of down time to just relax and enjoy life.

We were seated at dinner with the best group of gals from Detroit that you could ever want to meet and our waiter Dante was outstanding and made going to dinner an even in itself.

We didn't take any kids so can't testify as to those facilities but everywhere else we were the ship was clean and luxuries abound, love the Serenity area and the comfy deck chairs there.

Looking forward to planning another cruise in the next couple of years hopefully to Alaska.

Any questions you have I would be glad to answer them.

Was Robin on the ship? He is one of the cruise director's staff. He was only on the ship a few months/weeks when we sailed the Inspiration in August, but he was great! He was much more personable and had much more fun than Risa Barnes.

I wonder if he's moved on to a bigger and better ship yet, or if he's CD already. He's got my vote!

I was on this same cruise so I look forward to the review.

And to the last poster, I remember there being 2 of the cruise director's staff that referred to themselves as Robin Hood and Little John.

One of them was british (fauxhawk) and the other was from Atlanta Georgia. (I'm assuming one is named Robin and one is named John)

Another was named Filipe from Brazil. And then there was another.. a grandpa of 3 that looked really young.

Risa is still the cruise director

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Was Robin on the ship? He is one of the cruise director's staff. He was only on the ship a few months/weeks when we sailed the Inspiration in August, but he was great! He was much more personable and had much more fun than Risa Barnes.

I wonder if he's moved on to a bigger and better ship yet, or if he's CD already. He's got my vote!

Robin was on the ship as Californiabound said, so surely it is the same one.

I thought I read somewhere that Risa is changing ships sometime around the first of the year.

We were disappointed not to have George the Greek in our dining room. He was actually there the first day when we went to check out the table and so personable, then when we went to supper found out he was in the Carnivale room. But our waiter Dante made up for any entertainment value we lost without George, he was so fun.

Thanks for the great review.

We'll be on the Inspiration next week. Can't wait.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get back. We'll be on her at the end of November. I'd love to hear about what you did in Grand Cayman and Cozumel - I'm just starting to research different excursions and I'm sooooooo confused!

Great review. Going on the on Inspiration Oct 25. Do they have the body soap in the shower?

Thanks,

Scubajohn02

Yes and shampoo, although it takes alot to get the shampoo to lather, I liked the body soap just fine. No conditioner so if needed take your own.

Thank you for the great review. We will be sailing on th Inspiration on Nov. 3. Did your cabin have a hair dryer?

No it didn't I had taken my own. I did see the room steward going to a room with a hair dryer, but I don't know if they got to keep it the whole time or if he took it back out when cleaning.

I have a question about the lack of counter space in the bathroom. We have never been on the Inspiration but will be in a few days and I have read several people saying you have to bring an over the door organizer. My problem is that the only ones I can find (at Wal-Mart) are as long as the door and very heavy. We don't take near enough stuff to fill one of these. Do we really need one or is there any place at all to put stuff in the bathroom?

Thanks!

I have a question about the lack of counter space in the bathroom. We have never been on the Inspiration but will be in a few days and I have read several people saying you have to bring an over the door organizer. My problem is that the only ones I can find (at Wal-Mart) are as long as the door and very heavy. We don't take near enough stuff to fill one of these. Do we really need one or is there any place at all to put stuff in the bathroom?

Thanks!

We took an over the counter shoe organizer and hooked it on a towel rack, yes it was too much for what we needed but there is not much space available. The have two open shelves and have a box of kleenex on part of one. The sink is a pedastal type so not much room, they have a small container there that had a couple of razors and tootpaste (it varies what they put in it) and you can add some of your stuff to that. Hope this helps. Have a good time. They also have a desk area with a big mirror and lights that you can do makeup, hair etc there, and it has drawers in it to store items.

My fiance and I are going middle of Nov. 11/17 to be exact. And there are no roll calls for it! there is the one before it, and the one after it, sheesh! anyway, thanks for the info about the organizer. we'll definitely need it with the fiance and all. she has to bring her own hair dresser person, lol. :p thankfully we live in tampa, so we'll just get dropped off and away we go! we cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived