Calls to/from the ship

For those of you who are cruising for the first time and perhaps a little worried about little kids you're leaving behind or sick/aging parents, you are still contactable. We had to phone home this time and at $7 per minute :eek: , our calls was very short. ($7 per whole minute, ie. if you speak for 2.5 minutes, you'll be charged for 3 minutes). Unfortunately I didn't write down the details, but people back home can call you and although it may not be cheap, it certainly won't be as expensive as $7/minute.

For more details on how family can call you, phone P&O & they'll tell you how.

Cheers,

PAC:)

Umm, hubby callled me 3 times over 11 days totalling approx 30 mins, and our phone bill came in at an extra $400 (no joke)

We were floored, as we expected about $200, but not $400. We had to pay it off over 4 months and Optus restricted our service during that time(1st time I've ever had that happen!!!!)

My kids are staying with Nana when we cruise in November, so I'll be leaving instructions " unless its an emergency, we will only do emails" even that's not cheap.

Archived