Number of Ships in Port?

Eeyore'sthebest

Just tried cruisett.com and it is waaaaaay off. Wouldn't trust it. They do not even have the righ port of embarkation for my upcoming cruise. And one of the ports is just wrong and the others are in the wrong order!!

Thanks! That's good to know. Its not going to change my plans either way but would looove for the ports to be empty.:D

:( If this is accurate then there are 4 ships in both the ports we are going to. I was hoping for it to be a little less crowded.

What ports are they? Probably Caribbean,right? Or Nassau? In January, those ports can be soooo busy. St. Thomas can easily have 6 ships in port. We don't even get off the ship when that happens. Like shopping a mall the day after Thanksgiving! :eek:

Maybe some of them are smaller ships????;)

Oops!

Ignore my previous post. Put in dates for 2009 instead of 2008. cruisett.com does appear to be correct.

My apologies. :o

I talked to a friend just off a cruise and she said the info on cruisett was correct. Since ship schedules are made more than a year in advance, I would guess they were spot on.

Hmmm, the mall after Thanksgiving. :eek:

Thank you so much for your assistance. I checked the site and if its accurate --- well okay, I won't type what I was thinking!!

St. Martin - 4 ships - port load of 12,272 :eek: - ships are: Norwegian Gem, Liberty of the Seas, Disney Magic and MSC Orchestra

St. Thomas - 4 ships - port load of 11,271 :eek: - ships are: Carnival Triumph, Costa Fortuna, Eurodam and Disney Magic.

Wow!! We only picked January to coincide with my DD's birthday. I had NO idea that the ports would be so crazy!!!!!

Well, I just tried to reserve my plans for St. Thomas. St. Martin will be a beach day (staying away from Orient with those crowds in port). Looks like we may do a tiny bit of shopping and then head back to the ship!!

I really do appreciate your help with that site. Thanks again.

Hmmm' date=' the mall after Thanksgiving. :eek:

Thank you so much for your assistance. I checked the site and if its accurate --- well okay, I won't type what I was thinking!!

St. Martin - 4 ships - port load of 12,272 :eek: - ships are: Norwegian Gem, Liberty of the Seas, Disney Magic and MSC Orchestra

St. Thomas - 4 ships - port load of 11,271 :eek: - ships are: Carnival Triumph, Costa Fortuna, Eurodam and Disney Magic.

Wow!! We only picked January to coincide with my DD's birthday. I had NO idea that the ports would be so crazy!!!!!

Well, I just tried to reserve my plans for St. Thomas. St. Martin will be a beach day (staying away from Orient with those crowds in port). Looks like we may do a tiny bit of shopping and then head back to the ship!!

I really do appreciate your help with that site. Thanks again.[/quote']

You can always take the city bus in St. Marten to the French side of the island too. No need for excursions there.

In St. Thomas, tons will be heading for the main shopping street. You can take a public ferry to St. John which is beautiful. There will be excursions offerd to go there, but you can do it on your own. Same for finding a beach you like.

Head to the ports of call board and start researching in an attempt to avoid the biggest masses.

Your list of ships in port made me GULP!:eek: As my favorite uncle used to say, "HOLY CRAP"! ;)

You can always take the city bus in St. Marten to the French side of the island too. No need for excursions there.

In St. Thomas, tons will be heading for the main shopping street. You can take a public ferry to St. John which is beautiful. There will be excursions offerd to go there, but you can do it on your own. Same for finding a beach you like.

Head to the ports of call board and start researching in an attempt to avoid the biggest masses.

Your list of ships in port made me GULP!:eek: As my favorite uncle used to say, "HOLY CRAP"! ;)

Grand Cayman reminds me of the mall after Thankgivng Day. The last time I was there-5 ships which was bad enoungh- but the time before was 6 ships, 3 of which were 3000 plus PAX-it was horrible.

Archived