February Weather out of NJ

mom2NnB

Cant get the search to work so I'll ask here.

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. :confused:

We leave on our cruise on 2/13/09 from NJ. When will we hit warm weather? Do I need to plan on bringing sweaters and pants for the first few days and last few? I am ALWAYS cold in the winter.

Forgive me for being dense on this issue :).

Last time I cruised out of NJ, we were in pretty warm weather the second day. I wore a jogging suit boarding and stayed indoors the first full day. By the second day we were near Florida and it was warm enough to be at the pool. The weather can change and be warmer or colder so you never really know. We're actually cruising out of Bayonne again 1/23.

Last time I cruised out of NJ, we were in pretty warm weather the second day. I wore a jogging suit boarding and stayed indoors the first full day. By the second day we were near Florida and it was warm enough to be at the pool. The weather can change and be warmer or colder so you never really know. We're actually cruising out of Bayonne again 1/23.

Having lived in Bayonne for 35 plus years I can tell February can have mild 40-50 degree days as well as 2 fet of snow and zero degree temperatures. I would plan on an overcoat and long pants

I'm also a native NJ (originally central Jersey) and I'm hoping for snow when we sail. I think it would be really great to watch snow falling while setting sail! As long as I can get to the pier of course.

We sail out of NJ every year in either Jan or Feb. The weather is unpredictable, but usually as you hit the Carolina's (end of 2nd day) You can already feel the warm air. If you have a balcony the next morning and afternoon is much too cold and windy to enjoy it.

Archived