Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

This is a great tour!!!

I concur 110%.

I'd like to add one thing to the great advice you gave. If the tour is small, 6 people, there should not be much problem with overwhelming the kitchen. If 16 or more people show up all wanting the coconut shimp then things can slow down. Last time we all ended up getting our oders in boxes to take on the bus.

A good source to check out the differnt places is Trip Advisor, Playa Bonita has 43 reviews, Coconuts Bar & Grill has 166 reviews, Punta Morena 11 reviews and Bob Marley's (Rastas) 14 reviews.

I'm partial to the coconut shimp and fish tacos at Rastas, which made the other 14 hoppers also want it.

Have fun.

WdChuck, did they let you know right away? I would think they would wait until a week or so out so they would know if they got enough people.

Nachi is our back-up also. They accepted our deposit so I am assuming the tour is a go on 1/23/12. Really want to see the "other side" of the island.

Sure Nachi will be fun too, have a good time!

I was plannig on doing this trip, because it seemed like fun. I had already emailed and set a place on the bus for me. I had a friend who was interested in doing too, but for the life of me, I couldnt find where to meet up, so me and the freind ended up renting al ittle street legal dune buggy and did our own bar hop tour.

While at one of the bars, there was a man on a cell phone, and i SWEAR he said my name. First and Last. So i started eaves dropping. He had said my name, and was apparently part of the bus trip. They must have accounted for me getting on the bus in the first place, because they were under the impression they lost me at one of the bars! LOL.

Since so many of you here have done this tour, I need a little advice!

Our ship arrives in Cozumel at 7:00 AM and doesn't leave until 4:00 PM. The Bar Hop Bus folks tell us that they will get us back to the ship at 3:05 PM. Is this okay? Anyone run close to missing the ship because of this tour?

Is there a time difference between Cozumel and Miami or is the time quoted by the Bar Hop folks Cozumel time or ship time? :eek:

Since so many of you here have done this tour, I need a little advice!

Our ship arrives in Cozumel at 7:00 AM and doesn't leave until 4:00 PM. The Bar Hop Bus folks tell us that they will get us back to the ship at 3:05 PM. Is this okay? Anyone run close to missing the ship because of this tour?

Is there a time difference between Cozumel and Miami or is the time quoted by the Bar Hop folks Cozumel time or ship time? :eek:

Just took this tour. Our ship didn't leave until 6 so we were back in plenty of time, but as long as they are sure you will get back by 3, you should be OK (you would need to be back on board 30 minutes before).

Cozumel is one hour earlier than Miami. They have you meet them on Cozumel time, which our ship also switched to so everything was in sync. (They specified on the information sheet to meet them at Starbucks at 10:45 Cozumel time, which is 11:45 Florida time).

Have fun!

We did this tour on Saturday on our four-night Jewel cruise and had a blast. There were five of us, including my friend who was turning 40. Although it rained all day (Greg, our guide, said he's never had such bad weather in the three years he's done it), we still had a wonderful time. There were 40 people on the tour. We took a cab from the port down to Punta Lagosta for $11 for the five of us and met up with Greg and Tom and the other guide, Colleen, at 10:45. Once everyone arrived, we got onto the bus (a regular tour bus kind of bus) and headed to the East side of the island. Took about 20 minutes. They gave us some information about the island and explained where we were going. We hit four bars - Punta Moreno, Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and the Bob Marley-themed bar - and stayed about 45 minutes at each (they were all located within five minutes of each other). We got free shots at each place and then I got margaritas at each place, or beer, and lunch at the third place, which was excellent. Some of the places had hammocks and you could go swimming, though we didn't because of the rain (and you do have to watch for rip currents). At Playa Bonita, they sent over an Atomic (read, GIANT) Margarita for my friend, which was so sweet. The waiters at each restaurant were really nice and a lot of fun, too. They have a photographer taking pictures and they sell them at the end. I think they were $10 each, but I didn't buy any. We made some new friends and had a lot of laughs. They dropped us off back at the pier at 4 p.m. so we had some time to shop and hit 1/2 Carlos and Charlies before we had to be back on the ship. I highly recommend this tour!

Hi GatorTide.

Glad to hear it was a good time, 6 more days for me to be on the tour. Have a few ?'s for you.

1 - did you pay in US $ at the bars or pesos?

2 - what kind of prices for beers? Magaritas?

3 - any suggestions for what/where to eat?

Thanks in advance!

1. US $

2. I want to say it was like $3 for beer (Tecate Light) and margaritas, which were HUGE, were anywhere from $5-$8.

3. The food was similar at each place. My friends ate tacos at the first stop, which looked just like mine at the third stop. Though I'm not a seafood eater, my friends tried the coconut shrimp at the last stop and said they were excellent.

My friend Stacy and I have paid a deposit to go on 3/2/12; we are having beach days in Jamaica and in the Caymans so we thought the bar hop would be a nice change of pace and a lot of fun.

I hear the waters around Cozumel are BEAUTIFUL and I am REALLY going to want to swim, will it be warm enough??

My friend Stacy and I have paid a deposit to go on 3/2/12; we are having beach days in Jamaica and in the Caymans so we thought the bar hop would be a nice change of pace and a lot of fun.

I hear the waters around Cozumel are BEAUTIFUL and I am REALLY going to want to swim, will it be warm enough??

They do allow time for swimming but they tell you there are certain places that are safer than others due to rip tides. My friend went swimming at the last place even though it was raining.

I know this sounds horribly touristy...

but I REALLY want a coconut cup to take home :p:D Heck, I would just like to have a drink in a coconut! Anyone know where I can make both of these things happen in Coz?

They do allow time for swimming but they tell you there are certain places that are safer than others due to rip tides. My friend went swimming at the last place even though it was raining.

nuts.gif Awesome! I'll probably just be wading or getting waist-deep if I'm a little tipsy :D tipsy.gif

Hi RazorbackBelle88.

Water temp. in February should be 78-80 degrees.

So enjoy your swim and the bar hop!

nuts.gif Thank you!!!

What is coconut shrimp, I've read alot where everyone love it. Is it shrimp rolled in coconut? I love coconut but not my DH. He loves shrimp but not me. How many do you get?

What do they give you for shots at each place? Are they strong, mixed, delicious:p.

I know this sounds horribly touristy...

but I REALLY want a coconut cup to take home :p:D Heck, I would just like to have a drink in a coconut! Anyone know where I can make both of these things happen in Coz?

Yup, your on the right thread. Cozumel Bar Hop. While on the hop tell either Greg or Colleen you want a Coco Loco.

There's a little stand they will stop at that keeps them on ice and you can order it plain or with something in it. I always get a shot of rum in mine. It's not on the tour so you will have to pay but it's well worth it and you get to keep the coconut.

It's up to you to get it onto the ship.

:D

Yup, your on the right thread. Cozumel Bar Hop. While on the hop tell either Greg or Colleen you want a Coco Loco.

There's a little stand they will stop at that keeps them on ice and you can order it plain or with something in it. I always get a shot of rum in mine. It's not on the tour so you will have to pay but it's well worth it and you get to keep the coconut.

It's up to you to get it onto the ship.

:D

Woot!!! Thank you!!!!

Archived