Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

HIGHLY recommend it.

As a previous poster said, you start as strangers end as friends.

You get a free shot at each stop and even if you aren't a bigger drinker, which we are not, it's still a blast. In the event you do want to drink, no worries, you have a driver!

The scenery is beautiful. We were able to see baby sea turtles (included pic), so awesome!! I also included the walk up to one of the bars, it was pretty (Coconuts)!

At a couple of the stops there were vendors selling items too!

I'm going back in Jan 2013 and have this at the very top of my list of possible activities!!

148359_175962999083426_100000091828636_595894_634354_n.jpg.0cf39af2b348a155ef05a72a16e5d32f.jpg

150362_175962979083428_100000091828636_595893_2277625_n.jpg.c4b74963f929b2cdebb31cd0505816cf.jpg

Just did the hop last Wednesday and agree with the other posters....this tour was amazing! Beautiful views, great food and drink and opportunity to make new friends! Our Tour guide was very informative and the ride was extremely comfortable. My DH and I will definitely go again:D

What should we expect on this trip?

The best description I've heard is, you start the day out as a bus load of strangers. You end the day as a bus load of friends.

It's why they get rave reviews.

The best description I've heard is, you start the day out as a bus load of strangers. You end the day as a bus load of friends.

It's why they get rave reviews.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Made some wonderful friends on this excursion and am doing it again this September.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be doing the "hippidy hop" the first Saturday in September. Coming with the second generation of hoppers!! Leave the driving to someone else. We have done this many times in the past, very efficient and all runs smoothly.

Great price, hosts, scenery and drinks!!

Going to be in Cozumel with the Oasis on the 14th of June. I have read nothing but good reviews of the Cozumel Bar Hop so i went ahead and booked it. They are having a special - 2 for 1 in June, so for my wife and I it was just $49 for the hop. I could not pass that up!!!.

Going to be in Cozumel with the Oasis on the 14th of June. I have read nothing but good reviews of the Cozumel Bar Hop so i went ahead and booked it. They are having a special - 2 for 1 in June, so for my wife and I it was just $49 for the hop. I could not pass that up!!!.

I have been trying to book this bar hop for our trip in July on the Allure and I cannot get on the website it wont open :confused:... can you tell me how you booked your tour?

Thank you!! :D

I have been trying to book this bar hop for our trip in July on the Allure and I cannot get on the website it wont open :confused:... can you tell me how you booked your tour?

Thank you!! :D

You can e-mail Tom at info@cozumelbarhop.com or try Facebook.

I also tried the website and could not get it to work.

I just went to cozumelbarhop.com, I havent had any problem getting one, as a matter of fact I just tried it before posting here and got on. If you can't get on directly try to google it then click on a link. Hope to see you there!

Okay, so we are on the June 23rd Dream cruise for our 10th Anniversary and we even booked that late (last month). Been very hectic lately (planning to leave all of that and 4 kiddos behind)! Just started excursion "shopping" through CC and found this thread. I know...crazy huh?!

I LOVED the Cozumel Bar Hop the second I saw this thread and had to read all the reviews to hubby to get him on board. He said "book it"! So I did with hopeful anticipation that there are still spots available this late. It appeared to go through, but can't find a link to pay my deposit on PP....may just be my frazzled mind in need of some "toes in the water" time. Help! Do I wait for an email or is there some link I'm not seeing?

So I did with hopeful anticipation that there are still spots available this late.

FYI, Tom owns a Benz van that holds about 12 or 14 people. If more than that many book he rents a bus to handle the extra people. On one or two occasions he has had to rent 2 buses and use 2 guides. There's always room as long as you are booked.

One more thing they have a new web site and the bugs may not be worked out yet. To be safe if I were you I'd send him an e-mail and await his reply. Don't get in too much of a hurry as Tom is not the most tech savvy person I know.

Have fun and tell them you want a Coco Loco.

FYI, Tom owns a Benz van that holds about 12 or 14 people. If more than that many book he rents a bus to handle the extra people. On one or two occasions he has had to rent 2 buses and use 2 guides. There's always room as long as you are booked.

One more thing they have a new web site and the bugs may not be worked out yet. To be safe if I were you I'd send him an e-mail and await his reply. Don't get in too much of a hurry as Tom is not the most tech savvy person I know.

Have fun and tell them you want a Coco Loco.

Thanks Bobnsons! He did email me directly and said the new website was having problems (esp. with reservations). So I emailed our info to him and he has our deposit, so we should be good to go. Thanks for the info on how many people he will take. That helps my crazy, late-planning self relax a little!!!

A Coco Loco sounds like just what I need!!!:D

Almost sold on booking this tour(the reviews are just to great). Does anyone know if all the bars serve food? If so, any vegetarian options? I understand any food is not included in the tour.

I've only been able to track down the menu to Rasta's(they have guacamole and quesadillas, so that works for me), I was wondering if the other bars had similari menus? It is not wise to drink on an empty stomach(I have learned!):o.

Also, would you call the food good authentic or kind of like regular bar food? BF is not veggie but would want to know.

We are in Cozumel 8am-5pm-what time is the tour? Did you find that you have enough time when it ended to explore the piers? BF wants to get some good tequila. Obviously the best deals wont be around port, but we still want to look around a bit.

Thanks!!:)

It is my understanding that all the bars serve food (I know Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's do - and I think Punta Morena does as well).

Here is the menu from Coconuts (from November 2010 so prices have probably changed):

2631604710101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

The salsa, guacomole, and chips were great:

2534353410101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Our food at Rasta's:

2048742560101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Yum!

I don't recall anyone on the tour who ordered food not being happy with what they got. I heard lots of very positive comments. Your guide will be happy to offer suggestions for each place.

The start and ending times of the tour will vary depending on the port times for the ships that participating hoppers are on that day. (It has been our experience that we have had more extra time between arriving and the start of the hop than between the end and be back on ship time.)

Another factor in this can be the difference between local time (and so when the bars open) and your ship's time.

We have paid our deposit for June 20th . We leave in the morning for our cruise and have not received our rendezvous information, even after multiple requests. What should we do if we don't receive it before we leave-cancel? I would hate to lose our deposit because we never found out when to meet.

We have paid our deposit for June 20th . We leave in the morning for our cruise and have not received our rendezvous information, even after multiple requests. What should we do if we don't receive it before we leave-cancel? I would hate to lose our deposit because we never found out when to meet.

Have you checked your spam/junk mail folder?

The rendezvous location is on the faq's on the bar hop website - the only Starbuck's on the island - across the street from the downtown cruise ship pier - Tom's phone number should be at the bottom of his reservation confirmation email- you will need to call him for the meetup time.

Archived