Aft Balcony on Verandah pro's/con's

sprat10

Some that have had it love it, others say never again. The balcony is larger, but there is no cover from the Caribbean sun. One person said it got so hot they couldn't go out on deck and if they did the couldn't touch the railing. Also, the have been comments about trash, cigarette butts, food and soot from the stacks accumulating on the balconies. But as I mentioned, some love them and others don't.

Don't know about everyone else but I go to the Caribbean for hot sunny weather. The aft is the only place I prefer to be and if I can make the selection that is where I will be. Trash has been minor, never experienced a soot problem and watching the wake is fabulous.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! There may be a few people who don't care for it, but most do. I've never had a trash problem or a soot problem. Having a lot of sun depends on which way the ship is headed, but I enjoy it. It is usually quiet at the aft end of the ship, only the peope that are staying there are walking the halls. I don't think you will be disappointed, but if you are, as a lot of people say, there will be more room for those of us that do. Have a great trip. Where are you headed?

.....it was so nice I booked another one on my December cruise on the Miracle. Never had a problem with soot or garbage out there. Didn't have a problem with heat out there although it was June and I was going to Canada.

:)

wasiii

Thanks P.P. MaMa... going to Western Carib.. FIRST Cruise and VERY excited!

I'm excited for you too. I'm excited on every cruise, but the first one is special, especially with an aft balcony. We started at the bottom 30 years ago with an inside, then OV, then balcony, then aft balcony, now a balcony wrap. I'm so happy with that I would take it over a Jr. Suite. A Penthouse or one of those loft balconies on the Oasis maybe. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!

I too love the Verandah Aft. it does get hot but thats what I love about it. There is a little shade right by the door but I don't sit on the balcony to get shade.

i have never had a problem with either trash or soot.

We love the aft balconies. The view is amazing. Never had a problem with soot or garbage. We have our second aft balcony booked for our upcoming cruise. We always book the empress deck. Enjoy your aft, it's worth every penny in my opinion.:) :)

Thanks P.P. MaMa... going to Western Carib.. FIRST Cruise and VERY excited!

What ship and what date?

We are booked on the starboard aft wrap balcony Veranda Deck on the Liberty for the Jan. 31, sailing. Cannot wait. It will be our first aft veranda. We've done side verandas and didn't use it much. We were also bothered by smokers quite a bit from decks above and to the sides. Can't wait to see that big balcony that we are going to have.

We will also be going for the sun (coming from WI in middle of winter we will want every inch of sun we can get), so I think we'll really enjoy it!

Archived