Any extra perks????

cnlshea

We have just found out we got an upgrade to a AF from a BA on the Dawn!:D Are there any extra perks having a mini-suite other than the fact of the room being bigger. thanks!!

"Perks" are the same for BA or AF. Congrats on your upgrade though. You'll enjoy the extra room. We did. It's about 40% bigger overall.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

• Priority embarkation
  • Concierge service
  • Bottled water

subhead_vipLiving.png

• Up to 504 square feet of elegance
  • Separate sitting/dining area
  • Luxury bath
  • Private balcony*
  • Flat screen TV* with DVD player*
  • Mini-bar*
  • Coffee maker*

• Perfect for families
  • Connecting staterooms available*
  • Sleeps up to four people*

* Does not apply to Mini-suites. Not available on all ships or in all categories

subhead_vipExtras.png

• Invitation to VIP cocktail party*
  • 24-hour room service with special suite menu
  • Full in-room breakfast menu
  • Hors d’oeuvres delivered twice during cruise
  • Fine linens, duvet and
    feather pillows
  • Plush bath robes and towels, luxurious bath amenities
  • Fresh flower arrangement and fresh fruit basket

* Does not apply to Mini-suites. Not available on all ships or in all categories

subhead_vipTransportDepart.png

• Priority disembarkation

I didn't think MINI's had conceirge service anymore.:confused:

You're right, they don't.

You're paying for the extra space. Bigger bathroom with a tub/shower combo, more living space, curtain divider between the sitting area and the bed/s, small table with 2 chairs, bigger balcony and more storage space.

The OP got a good deal.

Bottled water?? do all the staterooms not have bottled water?

In the OS category and above, you get free bottle(s) of water. The rest of the cabins have to pay for the bottled waters, at least that was our experience on our Feb 08 cruise.

In the OS category and above, you get free bottle(s) of water. The rest of the cabins have to pay for the bottled waters, at least that was our experience on our Feb 08 cruise.

We have been on the Star twice in the last year.. AE cabin 9232 and we had to pay for every bottle of water we drank both times.

That was my impression too.

Happy Cruising! :)

We had bottled water but figured it was NOT complimentary. Was it?

I was charged for one last year. I had everything emptied so after a 3 day hassle I finally got it removed from my bill. Then they added it back on the final bill. At that point it wasn't worth the fuss again so I let it go.

It still left a sour taste though...especially since I've always said I don't understand people paying for water. :rolleyes:

I was charged for one last year. I had everything emptied so after a 3 day hassle I finally got it removed from my bill. Then they added it back on the final bill. At that point it wasn't worth the fuss again so I let it go.

It still left a sour taste though...especially since I've always said I don't understand people paying for water. :rolleyes:

We had something like $12.50 on our bill that we noticed on the last day for beverages from the mini-bar. We had everything removed too and the bill never was adjusted, and like you it wasn't worth the trouble. If it had been a large amount I would have pursued it though.

Archived