Tulum vs Coba Mayan Ruins (Cozumel)

Hatty324

Thank you for the advice. We have been to Cozumel previously too and I spent alot of money on tequilla only mine didnt come home with me becuase my girlfriend decided she would bring a giant carrying bag with her on the cruise and when we went into a shop her bag had an argument with a shelf of tequilla and the shelf of tequilla paid the ultimate price :D . So I even though i bought about 12 bottles I didnt drink I got a great story to tell people and everytime she sees tequilla bottles she back away.

Mike

That's a great story.

My condolences. All that dead tequila, and ne'er a drop to drink. ;)

If we're on the same trip, I'd love to buy you and your girlfriend a shot ... and then back slowly away. ;)

Our experience was a little different; nothing broken ..., except, maybe, our bank account. :p We got off the ship and with great discipline passed by every shop, cart, stall and random hawker of wares we met. We didn't need any of that "tourist crap".

Then, after a great excursion, we decided to stop at this wonderful restaurant called Pancho's Back Porch (or is it Front Porch?) In any event, it's right in the port area. It came highly recommended.

After a very nice lunch and a couple of very large margaritas serenaded by a fabulous live Mariachi band ... and an extra shot of "the good stuff" for good measure, we aimed to make our way back to the ship. But, much like a Disney ride, after paying the bill at Poncho's, you're guided to the exit which requires you to pass through their very extensive tourist shop.

After a dram of tequilla (or twelve), everything in the shop seemed like something we just had to have; and I do mean everything.

But, they quite kindly boxed it all up for us to faciliatate transport back home. :p

And I have to say, after that experience, once we got home we didn't regret one purchase, and the next time we were in Cozumel we decided it was a good thing to "lighten up" a little, and made made a point of visiting Poncho's again. I highly recommend it. :D

I also did both on land based vacation a couple of years ago. Tulim is smaller and may be easier to do on a cruise tour time wise. Both have a lot of walking involved. Bring lots of water and your sneakers. Comments on the ferry I can not contribute to as it was a land vacation. But if the board says rock and roll then dont forget the dramamine~~~

I just wanted to say thanks to teripp for the additional info: good advice.

Also, I wanted to apologize for my previous post that got a bit off topic. Just got caught up in the fun stories about experiences in Cozumel, I guess. :p

Oh, and Teri, great pic of the dolphin in your signature! We did the swimming with dolphins excursion during our first cruise to Cozumel and really enjoyed it. What amazing creatures! :)

Archived