The adventures of Mr & Mrs Dobbie

gkaclt

Dobbies set1 will be on the dawn P on the 18 dec with Tslady.

Set 2 will be PD on the 9 dec with gratz, then quite until feb, So maybe gratz could forward onto you. will email her your email address to get in contact and work out details. Please just let me know so I can keep a little track of where they are.

Take care Kelly:o

Hi Sonya

The Dobbies looked liked they had a great time. Did they bring you any luck?

They did but not in Bingo!!!! I won $100 at the pokies, a $750 piece of art at the art auction for answering 6 trivia questions right and $50 at Blackjack!!

All in all, not a bad pull from not winning at Bingo! :D

They did but not in Bingo!!!! I won $100 at the pokies, a $750 piece of art at the art auction for answering 6 trivia questions right and $50 at Blackjack!!

All in all, not a bad pull from not winning at Bingo! :D

Wooohoo! You did quite well! Is the artwork nice?

Thanks, I am not sure if it was the luggage tag that made all the difference, maybe it was because they felt bad for me missing out in Bingo every time, had one game that was 1 number off of getting $600 so they felt they owed me big time. :D

I'm looking forward to saving up and planning our next cruise which will hopefully be Sept 2010's to Hawaii. Could definitely see us enjoying 35 days at sea on the Sun Princess. :D

Hi we left them at the pursers desk for you as we didnt have an address:pthe guy at the desk said whats in this little bag as I seem to see it most cruises hope you have some luck on the bingo enjoy your cruise:D

Hi Sheridan 318,

I totally forgot about the dobbies for a little while there. Thanks so much for leaving them for me. Very cool. I'll take many photos and hopefully win lots of money with them.

Thanks again

Tash

Am I posting set 1 to TSLADY on Dawn Princess for 18/12/08, who can then leave them on Dawn Princess for Msminz (is this meant to be Ms Minx?) 9/01/09.

Kelly, I'm flying out to Brisbane today, but if you could send an email to me or whoever needs them (tasheetash @ hotmail . com) I'll express post them as soon as I get back on the 30th November.

Cheers Tash

Set 1

Glenda 11/10/08 -Pacific Sun Lunch only - leave on board

Waterwheel 11/10/08 -Pacific Sun - leave on board

Jacquine & John 18/10/08- pacific sun - post

tasheetash 22/11/08 Pacific sun - post

gratz 9/12/08 Pacific dawn -post

Msminz 09/01/09 Dawn Princess -post

Bris1stcruise 09/04/09 Pacific Sun - post

forever dreaming 18/04/09 pacific sun

set 2

Sonyac 7/11/08 Pacific dawn - leave on board (1 cruise till next team)

bigbear28 29/11/08 Pacific Dawn - post

tslady 18/12/08 dawn princess- post

Cruzernut 06/02/09 Pacific Dawn- post

Aussiedisneyfan 13/04/09 Rhaspody - post

Brossy 21/07/09 pacific Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kelly,

I asked at the pursers desk 3 times on different days when a different purser was there, but there were no dobbies. I explained they were in a bag and everything but each person didn't have a clue!

Sorry - but it seems the Dobbies had other plans and decided that playing Bingo was not the best profession. I think they abandoned ship.....

Tash

Hi Kelly,

I asked at the pursers desk 3 times on different days when a different purser was there, but there were no dobbies. I explained they were in a bag and everything but each person didn't have a clue!

Sorry - but it seems the Dobbies had other plans and decided that playing Bingo was not the best profession. I think they abandoned ship.....

Tash

Awww Tash you must have been so dissapointed :(. How hard is it for the purser to keep something with someone else's name on it.

I hope you had a great cruise (despite it being slightly shorter :rolleyes:). Did you win at bingo anyway?

Oh my goodness, how hard is it to take care of a small bag for a feww days. This is the second time the dobbies have gone awol on Pacific Sun. Maybe there is a dobbie hater on board or they just throw overboard all "lost property" before the next cruise board. Or maybe Kylie reads this thread and tell them when to look out for the dobbies and destroy them AAAHHH oh aweful :(

Any way I so sorry that you had the wait and excitement for them and never got them TASH. have a great cruise.

Kelly:o

If I had have known I would have asked about the Dobbies when I was on board. It is getting very diissapointing with the Pacific Sun's attitude to the Dobies. I love the PS, but sometimes, some of the pursers can get a little bit careless. If we get time when on board for lunch I will ask a nice purser and see if we can find them.

Oh thats so horrible! thats slack that they can't keep the dobbies safe for just a few days!

Can I just confirm, someone tell me I'm reading right, I don't leave the dobbies on the ship, I bring them home and post them? to Ms Minx?

,...... who can then leave them on Dawn Princess for Msminz (is this meant to be Ms Minx?)

It is. Ms Minx. I just figured your X & Z were too close together :p

I don't mind what you call me as long as it's not Ms Minge LOL! I'm so naughty hehehe!! :D :p

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have them here JO so just send me your address thru facebook or whatever and I'll forward them.

BTW...they didn't bring me any luck :( AND Mrs Dobbie is having some trouble with one of her eyes! She didn't have travel insureance so i decided not to take ehr to the medical centre!

Hi Guys!

I've been really slack and have only just got around to posting up some pics of The Dobbies on our 4 night Pacific Sun cruise.

There's only 4 pics, but it's a nice little lead in to their big Dawn Princess cruise in only 18 days time :D

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq201/The_CC_Dobbies/MsMinx/

Password if you need it, is still ourphotos

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Happy New Year,

Just wondering about the Dobbies, It is coming up to my turn to Cruise (YAY)

and just tying up a few loose ends etc.

Who is sending me the Dobbies, or is someone leaving them onboard the Pacific Dawn for me?

Can you contact me and let me know if we are still doing this at all??

c_saxon at hotmail dot com

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

we are on PS leaving 14/2/09 - and I am a bingo professional (um, that means I play every week at the local RSL club! does not mean I win often!) I used to have a dobber that I dressed in a nuns habit because she was a virgin and I had never won with her!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I have just finished cruising on Pacific Dawn and the Dobbies were delivered to my cabin. Unfortunately they didnt win me the last days 7000 dollar jackpot but I was only 1 number off and getting very jittery for the last 4 calls before it was won!! I am sorry I was very slack b4 I went and didnt find out who the Dobbies were meant to be left for so if anyone is cruising soon on Pacific Dawn let me know your address and I will send them by post. Kerrie

Hi everyone, I have just finished cruising on Pacific Dawn and the Dobbies were delivered to my cabin. Unfortunately they didnt win me the last days 7000 dollar jackpot but I was only 1 number off and getting very jittery for the last 4 calls before it was won!! I am sorry I was very slack b4 I went and didnt find out who the Dobbies were meant to be left for so if anyone is cruising soon on Pacific Dawn let me know your address and I will send them by post. Kerrie

Hi Kerrie

Sorry to hear you didn't win :(. I'm not on the dawn for a while but will see a lot of CC'ers on the RFDS cruise. If you can't get any takers for them you can post them to me & i'll take them on the Rhapsody for the night :D.

Archived