AOS vs Jewel

I am planning what will likely be our last family cruise. I am trying to decide between the AOS week before Christmas or the Jewel (panama) in March.We are limited when we can go because of kids school schedules. I understand that both maybe full of kids because one is March break and apparently Christmas holidays start early in Puerto Rico.

We have previously done the Western and Southern Caribbean (Anitigua, St,lucia, Barbados route). The price for the AOS cruise is great but air into San Juan is very expensive.

Is the Panama route significantly different. Girls are 16 and 13.

Which would you choose?

What do you mean by "is the route different?" It's a nice trip, but lots of seadays--we had 6 sea days on our 10 nighter. Hubby got a bit bored with being on the ship all the time--I was content by the pool. It will depend on your family!

If taking teenagers, I would choose the Adventure. IMP, the Voyager class ships have more activities for teenagers than the Radiance class ships.

Air may be more expensive going into San Juan, but a 7 day cruise will cost less than a 10 or 11 day one - cheaper cruise fare and less spending money needed. Ironically, I can fly into San Juan cheaper than I can fly into Miami.

We have done both with our kids. We did the Jewel in Feb '07 and Adventure November '07. I think our kids liked the Jewel better. Son plays ice hockey and can (and does) skate several times a week, so the ice rink was not a big thing. They both have basketball courts. My son liked the pool tables on the Jewel. The kids I am talking about are now 17 and 18. We all liked the crepes on the Jewel. I am partial to the Jewel....having been on it 3 times and I never thought I would do the same ship twice!

Both are nice. Guess it depends on the itinerary and your family.

Archived