Has anyone used this product before

weezlesgirl

They sell it at Costco for less. I considered it, but the reviews were only mediocre at best. In addition, the car seat is low to the ground and doesn't work well for larger kids. Great for infants, however. You might also look into the dolly like device that attaches to a car seat like a luggage cart and lets you cart a strapped in kid that way.

I did consider this product, but I realize it wouldn't be a true substitute for a stroller with the pockets, sun shade, etc.

would you use that instead of a stroller or just for the airport? I've seen people write about the luggage cart thingy that you strap your car seat on to - they rave about that.

Here is one mentioned the other day (I think there are a couple of brands).

I had that. I hated it.

Here are the negatives:

1. It doesn't roll easily -- and therefore it is lousy as a stroller. The wheels are small and the ride is bumpy. It is miserable over rough terrains -- such as cobblestone in Europe, gravel, grass, carpet, or anything that isn't a smooth surface. Oh, and you must be sure that the stroller function is working correctly by listening for the click click click of the wheels, otherwise I have had the stroller collapse going over small bumps -- this really freaks out an already frazzled toddler.

2. It doesn't turn well. It is bulky and big to navigate in museums, airports, etc.

3. The handle is poorly made with cheap aluminum telescoping handles. It is not stable to truly control the direction of the "stroller"

4. The "stroller" wheels do not lock right and it is a safety issue.

5. It is very difficult to convert from car seat to stroller with your kid in it. Waking a sleeping baby to remove him from the car seat to convert to a stroller is even worse. Managing a running toddler in a crowded airport while converting requires both ativan and a stiff drink.

6. Installing as a car seat is horrible. This seat requires the seatbelt to strap OVER the baby. This means that not only do you have to buckle the harness but also the car buckle over the seat every time.This is a hassle because the seatbelt has to be undone and redone each time you get in and out of the car -- and its a safety issue because it is impossible to put your weight on the seat to tighten it when a child is sitting in it!

7. The telescoping handle is short -- so anyone over 5'6 will probably have a backache using it.

8. No sun shade. (although I think newer models do have one)

9. And last but not least, there is NO way that this huge thing would work to 40 lbs. My son outgrew his at around 26 lbs. Not that we used it anyhow.

Good things include that it does install pretty easily to airline seats although we have found several flights that the stroller doesn't fit wheeled down the aisle.

Some years ago, when we were taking our girl on her first flight (she was 3), I was thinking about this product (it was around back then), but it was quite expensive. We brought her car seat (as checked luggage), but didn't bother with a stroller. We managed to make due, even though that meant carrying her when she was tired. It was a two-week cruise (seven day cruise, followed by a week in Miami and the Keys). I'm glad we didn't spend the money. But I guess if you're going to do a lot of traveling with your kid, it may be worth checking into.

We looked into it but decided not to buy it do to no sunshade and being so low to the ground. We just ended up bringing our stroller that held the car seat when our DD was that young. Now that she is older we use the Pakback that turns your carseat into a backpack to wear.

http://www.onestepahead.com/pwr/product-reviews/4815/Vacation-Travel-Solutions/Cheeky-Monkey-Designs-LLC/p/11798-The-Pac-Back.html

We looked into it but decided not to buy it do to no sunshade and being so low to the ground. We just ended up bringing our stroller that held the car seat when our DD was that young. Now that she is older we use the Pakback that turns your carseat into a backpack to wear.

http://www.onestepahead.com/pwr/product-reviews/4815/Vacation-Travel-Solutions/Cheeky-Monkey-Designs-LLC/p/11798-The-Pac-Back.html

Babies R Us sells a travel bag for car seats that can be worn as a backpack also if you're looking for something to protect the seat if you check it at the gate.

I use the GoGo Travelmate and thought it was the best thing ever. My DS happily cruised through the airport, has the safety and security of being in his car seat, it fit easily into the plane seat (we have a Britax Decathalon) and now I can use it with my booster seat. A worth while investment.

I used this when my child was 18 months on a land trip to France. Although the stroller is not ideal (no storage- I hung bags on the handle) and had no sunshade (wasn't a problem in the spring) it was wonderful to not have to carry a separate car seat. My son did not mind the bumpy ride over cobblestones.

Archived