Some Enchantment questions answered

Finished a cruise on Saturday aboard the Enchantment. A few questions that I can answer (as of the sailing that ended Oct. 4):

1) They are still doing water shutoffs. Once Cozumel morning and another time on debark day. Both were around 2 am-5 am. Those mornings were the only time I noticed any discoloration of the water.

2) Lobster tail is still being served on the last night.

3) Chocolates are still on the pillows.

4) I was able to take on a case of soft drinks. A porter in Port Everglades originally said no, then he asked a fellow porter and he said yes. A short time ago they had stopped allowing cases to go in by themselves, but are now allowing it once again. Just slap a ship luggage tug on it.

5) We were in a deck 7 OV (which are all the way forward) and the A/C never quite worked. It was always stuffy in the room. We called maintenance and they came and looked at it but never resolved the issue. There were areas that seemed warmer than others.

6) We skipped formal night in the dining room because we didn't want to pack the extra clothes. The next night we had a talk with Head Waitor Haydar and he said jeans are here to stay in the dining room, atleast as far as he's concerned. Cruising is going more casual and he's not going to slow it down. As long as you are presentable (no tank tops or torn clothing) you'll be free to eat in the dining room.

That's a few things I saw discussed before we left that I hope will answer some questions for some people.

We had a great time. Weather was great. Food was good and the service was excellent. Jason and Desiree were fantastic waiters in the Dining Room and Winston was a very good stateroom attendant.

If there are any other questions, I'll try to answer them.

I just came off the same cruise - the only time I noticed a problem with the water was the day we boarded. I ran the water for a few minutes then all was good. There was a slight problem when they shut off the water and I tried to use it in the middle of the night but it was immediately resolved and no problems going forward. We were on deck 4 and had no odors or water problems. I found it to be chilly on the ship as did my daughter. We pretty much left the air on neutral the entire time in the cabin. And yes, you can order more than one item on the menu in the dining room. I ordered two desserts each night because I couldn't choose!! And some people ordered two appetizers, so don't be shy if you want to try something new. Mariano and Glenn were our waiters, along with Abdullah but this current cruise is his last - he is retiring to spend time with his family. And our stateroom attendent, Jeremy was great! He always knew when we were out, cleaned our room perfectly and even remembered which pillows we liked on our beds. I can't remember his name, but look for the waiter who always has a tray full of drinks but bounces when he walks and never spills a drop! We loved watching him all the time.

Wonderful! :) I am going on the same cruise onthe 13th-- next monday! Cannot wait! Now, a couple of questions:

1),.Do we need to bring any toothpaste etc. for teh bathrooms?

2). Are we able to place cash on our sea pass card? I am not big on using my CC card on the seapass.

3). We are hoping on getting a reservation to eat at Chops that week-- where and how can we make reservations? Is there an ext. to call once we get into our rooms?

4). Our flight comes in at 1:00pm in to Fort L. We should be at the port at 1:30 will we get enought time to get on the ship?

5). What are the prices for the spa ? We are looking into getting messages :)

6). We are stayingin room 3663-- interior cabin-- do we have safe deposit boxes to store our valuables ?

Thank you for the water update. I think that we will be fine :)

Wonderful! :) I am going on the same cruise onthe 13th-- next monday! Cannot wait! Now, a couple of questions:

1),.Do we need to bring any toothpaste etc. for teh bathrooms?

Yes, I do not think this is provided for you.

2). Are we able to place cash on our sea pass card? I am not big on using my CC card on the seapass.

Yes, they will require an initial deposit from you. After that, you will settle the last night or first thing the next morning.

3). We are hoping on getting a reservation to eat at Chops that week-- where and how can we make reservations? Is there an ext. to call once we get into our rooms?

You can just go to Chops on Deck 6 to get make your reservation.

4). Our flight comes in at 1:00pm in to Fort L. We should be at the port at 1:30 will we get enought time to get on the ship?

Plenty of time.

5). What are the prices for the spa ? We are looking into getting messages :)

Pick up a price list the day you arrive. They were running a $20 off special for the first day. Then they run specials on port days that will be in the Compass.

6). We are stayingin room 3663-- interior cabin-- do we have safe deposit boxes to store our valuables ?

Deck 7 OV had a safe and frig. Can't say about any others.

Thank you for the water update. I think that we will be fine :)

Hope that helps and you have a wonderful time!

Archived