Noordam Balconies (verandahs)

covegirl51

We're sailing on the Noordam Dec 7, and have a guaranteed VH. This will be our first balcony experience. I understand that we could end up with any verandah cabin on the ship, but my question is what differences there are in the various classes of verandah cabins. The generic descriptions are identical for all the classes, but with the pricing so different there must be some significant difference. I know that some of them have full metal railings instead of plexiglas, but what else is different?

I'd like to know which class to "wish for" while we're still in GUAR status. If we have a good experience, DH will be more receptive to paying for a balcony over an OV on future cruises. So I'll be visualizing, reciting daily mantras, anythiing I can do to help the cause during the countdown to embarkation day. :D

Besides the steel-wall railings (in 4001 through 4042) that you already know about, the only real difference in the VA-VH group is the size the balconies and the location on the ship.

Since VH is the lowest you can go in a verandah, you should "wish for" ANY upgrade at all!! :) If you do get an upgrade, it will most likely be to something in the VF to VA range, although higher upgrades have happened.

On Vista ships we have booked Guarantee VE twice and VD once - and have sailed in a VA each time!

Good luck!

We're sailing on the Noordam Dec 7, and have a guaranteed VH. This will be our first balcony experience. I understand that we could end up with any verandah cabin on the ship, but my question is what differences there are in the various classes of verandah cabins. The generic descriptions are identical for all the classes, but with the pricing so different there must be some significant difference. I know that some of them have full metal railings instead of plexiglas, but what else is different?

I'd like to know which class to "wish for" while we're still in GUAR status. If we have a good experience, DH will be more receptive to paying for a balcony over an OV on future cruises. So I'll be visualizing, reciting daily mantras, anythiing I can do to help the cause during the countdown to embarkation day. :D

VH cabins have smaller verandas, with metal railings, and very far forward (only a problem if you do not like sea movement). Some VE's and VF's are in the angled area where the superstructure narrows - with the result that neighboring verndas have a view into yours. Generally, VD and better are all you could wish for.

Archived