first time to book an 8A Balcony Guarantee.

TX-JennSalos

UGH! I was thinking it was an 8B, come to find out its an 8A. We actually downgraded from a suite to this. I just couldnt bring myself to pay the 1600 PP verses the 800PP for the balcony. Much better deal IMHO. I can live without the VIP check in, the tub, and the extra sitting area, however I am concerned now that I made a huge boo boo on an 8A. We are used to midship balconies.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated. How soon can I tell what cabin was assigned to us? I remember reading on here a while back you can do a room search by "purchasing a gift" to be delivered to your room on Carnival.com. We sail on the Conquest at the end of March 09. (New schedule to the Bahammas)

Just wait until a week before final payment..people will cancel.

Is that when the prices go down too and you can get you OBC? Oh and that brings up another question. So far they havent offered a military disc on this cruise. Does anyone know if that happens later, of is it likely that if it wasnt offered in the beginning its not going to happen at all?

We booked an 8A last year and got bumped to a better room...can't remember the exact category letter --it was an 8-something but we ended up with a balcony on the Lido deck and LOVED it.

We booked an OV guarantee for our upcoming cruise and got bumped up to the Spa deck with floor to ceiling windows--can't wait!

I am beginning to think the guarantee rooms are the way to go! Even if you get a "bad" one every now and then, I think the upgrade fairy visits more frequently than the bad fairy does. :p

Good luck!

I would not dream of cruising without a balcony room. I love to get up in the morning and have my coffee out there. Also I was on the Destiny when the Air Conditioner stopped working. Those people with inside rooms suffered. Anyway a balcony really adds to the cruise and is worth every penny. I am leaving today to cruise tomorrow on the pride. Huricans here I come ready or not!:D

UGH! I was thinking it was an 8B, come to find out its an 8A. We actually downgraded from a suite to this. I just couldnt bring myself to pay the 1600 PP verses the 800PP for the balcony. Much better deal IMHO. I can live without the VIP check in, the tub, and the extra sitting area, however I am concerned now that I made a huge boo boo on an 8A. We are used to midship balconies.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated. How soon can I tell what cabin was assigned to us? I remember reading on here a while back you can do a room search by "purchasing a gift" to be delivered to your room on Carnival.com. We sail on the Conquest at the end of March 09. (New schedule to the Bahammas)

I guess my opinion is that if you think this is going to cause you to have a bad cruise, then pay the extra money and book the suite. We've booked many 8As and have been upgraded on every booking. One time we were upgraded to a suite and the only major advantage I noticed was that there was less foot traffic in the hallway outside and the whirlpool tub is nice. The bigger balcony was okay, not great, same with the extra space in the room.

Did you use a TA or a PVP? Our PVP gives us a room number right away unless it's more than a year out, like our Baltimore cruise. Others have given you good advice about waiting until closer to the cruise and moving your room, March 09 is still a long time out and many things can happen to change the price and bookings on your cruise. Keep watching the prices and Good Luck! :)

Ms B

Is that when the prices go down too and you can get you OBC? Oh and that brings up another question. So far they havent offered a military disc on this cruise. Does anyone know if that happens later, of is it likely that if it wasnt offered in the beginning its not going to happen at all?

I don't know who you booked thru, Carnival, a T/A, or PVP but I'm pretty sure if you go back to them and ASK for the military discount, AND if the discount IS offered on this cruise, which they aren't always offered, they will give you the discount, but you have to ask for it..Good luck.

All sold out. The only thing available now is an inside. :cool:

Wierd because the site Im looking at shows OVs and balconys, but Carnival doesnt. It shows $1599 for the starting balcony price though, steep!!! Yikes. It does look like there is still some inventory left on your cruise though.

I havent gotten my cabin assigned for January for a guarantee, so Im guessing you will be a couple of months behind me.

Which ship do you like better Voyager or Conquest?? I see you are booked on both, when I was trying to see which date you were booked, didnt mean to be nosy.

... sometimes group space will hold back some cabins which they will give back at final payment, so you just have to keep an eye on them nearer final payment time.

Archived