What's up with the Fantasy's eof

kolebyt1996

Maybe it's just me but it looked like the Fantasy wasn't done with it's dry dock in the pictures that i've seen. First of all in the back of the ship the name hasn't been fixed to say carnival Fantasy instead of carnival FANTASYalso it looked like the spray park wasn't installed

Someone reported last week that they had a problem with some of the crew getting deported that were working on the ship during the drydock. Apparently this caused some of the work to fall behind, hence the incomplete WaterWorks.

There is another thread posted by NolaAlive with some great pictures post EOF. My theory about the lettering is that they are just slapping the "Carnival" next to the existing name to save money as its is less labor intensive than replacing the existing lettering.

Maybe it's just me but it looked like the Fantasy wasn't done with it's dry dock in the pictures that i've seen. First of all in the back of the ship the name hasn't been fixed to say carnival Fantasy instead of carnival FANTASYalso it looked like the spray park wasn't installed

huh?

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

The Serenity area was completed as it could be seen from the photos. The umbrellas still had the plastic on them. If you look closer at the photos, you can see the spray park by the slide.

Dave

You eyesight must be better than mine!!! I saw the umbrellas but missed the plastic.

Ships coming out of drydock usually have things they are finishing up....sometimes a month after the drydock...so this is nothing unusual.

When we cruised on the Imagination in January the deli wasn't ready for a month after the drydock. It is just the way things work out sometimes.....

we saw it in Mobile on 10/2 when we were sailing out on the Holiday. I took pictures also, because I knew when we returned, it would be gone. I knew it was suppose to take the 1st trip out of NO last Saturday after the EOF was complete. I'm ready to go back on the fantasy, it IS our favorite ship!! :D

Bill, tell me about the camera you are using. I'm browsing for a new one now and the quality of your pics are fantistic!

Thank you.

That one is a Canon S5 IS. It has a 12x optical zoom and Canon has the best image stabilization so you can actually use the full zoom range. It is NOT pocket sized.

s5is_586x225.jpg

Canon has just introduced several new cameras, some of which look interesting.

SX10 IS with a 20x optical zoom

The Elph cameras are the smallest ones they make and there are new ones in that series.

I also have a Canon A710 IS with waterproof case that I use for underwater pics. Looks like the newest in that line is A2000 IS. These I consider sort of pocket sized, depending on the size of your pocket.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=113

Archived