The Island Escape

With the sale of Island Cruises to First Choice LTD the Island Escape is to be absorbed into the Thomson fleet.

I have cruise on her once, found it to be a very dated, noisy liner with mundane public rooms. It's saving grace was the buffet restaurant located at the rear of the ship. Judging by it's current marketing it's being filled using rock bottom prices and all inclusive cruising.

It has been reported that Thomson might adopt the informal eating style of Island or even create a sub-brand to market the freestyle cruising currently offered onboard the Island Escape.

I much prefer the formal style of dining without extra charge offered by the Thomson fleet with the back up rather than replacement buffet restaurant.

Has anyone else been on a Thomson and Island cruise? Which do you think is the better product?

The Island Star is returning to RCI as they own her and chartered her to Island Cruises. I really wish it was the other way round, the Island Star is a far nicer ship having only been transferred in from Celebrity two years ago. The Island Star is off to Spanish brand Pullmantur.

Archived