Price Drop Question

delkins23

I am booked on the Carnival Glory for December 13. We are past guests and received an upgrade to an 8E for the price of the lowest balcony. I thought this was a great deal. I was looking on the web site last week and saw that the price of the cruise was lower than what we paid including increased fuel cost and everything by 44 dollars. I e-mailed my travel agent the information and she said she would se what she could do for us. I thought this was good. I looked again today and the price has dropped yet again now the difference is $224 dollars. I contacted the travel agent again. She replied to my e-mail and said that she had sent a request to customer service on the last price drop and will resend a request to them again. Is this the customary method for travel agents to handle this. I know that her commission will probably be reduced if our fair is reduced. Is her reply of I submitted the last request to customer service and have not received a response. I will resubmit this and let you know just a cover up? She has been very helpful thus far with helping us. Basically what are my chances of actually receiving some OBC for this? I didn't mind the $44 dollars that much but $224 is a lot of money. That a couple of excursions and several drinks. I really really really really really really hope I get OBC for this.

If you booked with a TA the TA has to deal with Carnival for all booking matters. I don't understand why the TA is e-mailing Carnival and not calling her contact there; if the prices go up again while the e-mail sits, I doubt that Carnival will grant the price drop(s). A good TA is out to get you the best deal AND your return business and will trade a few dollars less commish for your return business!! ken

As a TA I also don't understand why she/he is emailing CCL???? It's simple to pick up the phone and have an answer in 2 minutes! I would call the TA and stay on the phone...even ask for a three-way call...Tell her a couple other agents (and I'm sure many many more if they read these boards) do not understand why she would email a request like that.....put your foot down...224.00 is alot of money to save.....and next time you may want to look for another agent that will service your account correctly...

Keep us informed!

If the 8E cabin you are now in is that much lower than the price of what you paid on the lowest price balcony, you should get it. Cant you call your TA? I would be calling not emailing my TA.

Just make sure you are looking at the price for 8E for your calculations.

Archived