Are they charging for the Mama's Kitchen and Salsa?

Sen

I wanted to ask whether the crew on the Jewel started charging money for the Tango's, and Mama's Kitchen.

In addition, I would also like to ask if I have to pay extra for food at the Tapanyaki room in addition to the cover charge to get in.

Someone let me know.

Also, I'd like some feed back about the ship, food, and service on there.

Tango's and Mama's are both $10 cover. There is a TON of food at Teppanyaki... no one in our group (even the biggest eaters) could finish it all.

Generally (and I am sure there are some who will flame me for saying this), I found the quality of the food to be lower than on some other cruises I've been on lately. I guess it depends on your perspective -- if you like eating in big chain restaurants (Macaroni Grill, chain steak houses, etc.) you will think the food is great. If you're used to independent bistros and adventurous chefs and more of a fresh and adventurous style of cooking, many of the restaurants will not measure up. Le Bistro and Cagneys are probably the exceptions - I guess you get what you pay for.

See the latest professional review of the NCL Jewel here on Cruise Critic. It shows the fee at $15 for the Italian and and Tapas restaurants and for the Japanese $25. I think there's a la carte prices at Chin Chins for sushi and the like.

We'll know more after our January cruise, but that doesn't help now.

We don't intend to eat at the restaurants that require cover charges, but one never knows.

Archived