Promowave Confusion

cguppy

OK now I am totally confused...when I went on last weeks promo wave page I saw my room was listed for less than I am being charged now for it. So I have called 3 times to RCCL as I booked in threw them directly and they said they don't know of promo wave and its not something they sponser and they don't have any the prices I am seeing in their computer. They told me they only honor price on their web site and promo wave is not on their web site or connected so they won't honor it. I have tried 3 different agents at 3 different times and the same thing. Now it's to close to my cruise date and there is no discouts being offered at all for our room FOR TODAYS LISTINGS. We were hoping for a price drop. Does any one else know about this promowave and why RCCL doesn't know or accept the rates???Thanks

OK now I am totally confused...when I went on last weeks promo wave page I saw my room was listed for less than I am being charged now for it. So I have called 3 times to RCCL as I booked in threw them directly and they said they don't know of promo wave and its not something they sponser and they don't have any the prices I am seeing in their computer. They told me they only honor price on their web site and promo wave is not on their web site or connected so they won't honor it. I have tried 3 different agents at 3 different times and the same thing. Now it's to close to my cruise date and there is no discouts being offered at all for our room FOR TODAYS LISTINGS. We were hoping for a price drop. Does any one else know about this promowave and why RCCL doesn't know or accept the rates???Thanks

I posted this on the other thread but I am putting it here for you also

What was it on the Promowave for? Residency? Senior, 55+ or military? The RCCL reps most likely don't know about the Promowaves perse but rather the associated discounts. Did you go to the website and check the appropriate boxes and put in your state to see all applicable discounts? That is the way to do a mock booking. If the Promowave was last weeks and the new one came out then those from last week are no longer applicable. What category, ship and sailing are you currently booked on?

3/4/5 Night Caribbean Cruise Specials

It said so I looked under:

Enchantment of the Seas and looked for the date my cruise was and they listed prices for Interior Oceanview Balcony and the prices listed were lower than what I paid I called the RCCL agents and told them what the prices were on promowave and what they said and they all said the same thing. They had no such prices listed. THey went in and even did a ghost reservation and the prices didn't show up. I said it was because it wasn't on there web site but on promo wave and when I tried to give them the web site address they said they can't honor it. No such company and it didn't get listed buy them so after 3 attempts by 3 agents I just gave up in frustration._We paid 429.00 each for an inside room and on Promowave it was listed at 329.00 but we couldn't get that price. I give up.:eek:

3/4/5 Night Caribbean Cruise Specials

It said so I looked under:

Enchantment of the Seas and looked for the date my cruise was and they listed prices for Interior Oceanview Balcony and the prices listed were lower than what I paid I called the RCCL agents and told them what the prices were on promowave and what they said and they all said the same thing. They had no such prices listed. THey went in and even did a ghost reservation and the prices didn't show up. I said it was because it wasn't on there web site but on promo wave and when I tried to give them the web site address they said they can't honor it. No such company and it didn't get listed buy them so after 3 attempts by 3 agents I just gave up in frustration._We paid 429.00 each for an inside room and on Promowave it was listed at 329.00 but we couldn't get that price. I give up.:eek:

But what was the discount, it says right on the Promowave if you live in x.y. z states and lists all the states and applicable sailings.

The same holds true for senior specials,

What sailing are you looking at? The Promowaves ARE put out by RCCL but not through the phone reps so they are not always aware of things.

Ok thanks for your patience with me on this. I am really trying to get it. We are sailing Enchantment on 10/18/2008 we have an interior room for 4(class K) and are paying 429 429 219 219. On the last week promo wave they had under 3 4 5 night cruise(the first catgory) for a lower rate then what we paid. Now this week(October 7) there is no specials under any of the catagories(senio-r resident 3-4-5 night)as our sailing dates aren't listed this week but last week they were.So even when they were listed last week and I called RCCL said there was no promowave specials that they ever heard of.So is the only place I can look for a drop in price is on their web site and most of those prices are for new bookings only.

Thanks so much for helping me and others understand.:)

Ok thanks for your patience with me on this. I am really trying to get it. We are sailing Enchantment on 10/18/2008 we have an interior room for 4(class K) and are paying 429 429 219 219. On the last week promo wave they had under 3 4 5 night cruise(the first catgory) for a lower rate then what we paid. Now this week(October 7) there is no specials under any of the catagories(senio-r resident 3-4-5 night)as our sailing dates aren't listed this week but last week they were.So even when they were listed last week and I called RCCL said there was no promowave specials that they ever heard of.So is the only place I can look for a drop in price is on their web site and most of those prices are for new bookings only.

Thanks so much for helping me and others understand.:)

those prices on the website unless they are for the Tuesday Sales Event are not for new bookings only. Did you print out the promowave? or save the pdf that you can post? That top section is really a summary of all the specials that you listed below that for residency and seniors, etc.

I am a TA so I am able to get on RCCL's site for agents, the only specials for that cruise were

Residency discount for one of these states

AL,DE,GA,KS,KY,NC,NJ,PA,SC,TN,VA,WV Which didn't apply to inside cabins

Inside N/A

Ocean-View $549.00 USD

Balcony $749.00 USD

Deluxe & Suite N/A

A senior citizen (over 55+ ) which doesn't seem to apply to insides either

Inside N/A

Ocean-View $499.00 USD

Balcony $729.00 USD

Deluxe & Suite N/A

Military

Inside N/A

Ocean-View N/A

Balcony $649.00 USD

Deluxe & Suite

And the only one that mentions insides is the Happy Hour (Now called the Sales Event ) which is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY so you wouldn't get the price drop, this is all the info I have access to.

Inside $299.00 USD Ocean-View $449.00 USD Balcony $649.00 USD Deluxe & Suite $899.00 USD

Here's a copy of an email I received from C&A when I asked them to clarify Promowave and Tuesday Sales Event. I also posted this on the other thread

Dear Mr. ****:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The Promowave flyer you are referencing is only outlining our standard prices for individual sailings. Due to this, they can be converted for existing bookings. However, the terms and conditions are subject to change for each Promowave. It is the goal of the Promowave information to provide our travel partners with highlighted prices to assist in selecting cruises for clients. The Sales Events are promotional prices and are eligible for new reservations only.

Mr. ****, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Christopher Fitzgerald

Customer Service Representative

Another thing ... sometimes the listed prices either a) sell out or b) are not available if you have more than two in your cabin.

If you see something on Promowave, you have to the RCCL website and act like you are going to book that cruise and put in your state, etc. If you are eligible for any discounts, you will see the standard pricing and new pricing underneat that in red for certain categories.

In the end, just because it is on Promowave doesn't mean that they have any of those sale prices left, which is why they won't honor the price on the sheet.

Archived