Long Beach Parking Garage

gumballz

We'll be staying one night pre-cruise at the Queen Mary for our Halloween cruise. We know it's old and we know some people don't think it's worth staying at.......but that's fine. We thought with it being Halloween, it would be a fun experience.

With that said, my question is this. We'll be driving in the day before our cruise. Do we have to park in the Queen Mary parking lot, or can we park in the parking garage and just walk our luggage over to the Queen Mary for our stay?

I've spoken to a couple different people at the QM and I've been told that yes, we can park in the parking garage and we've also been told that we cannot park in the parking garage....that we must park in the QM parking lot. I can't get a straight answer.

Can anyone confirm whether we can, or cannot, park in the parking garage for our night on the QM. Obviously we'll leave our vehicle there while we cruise.

Thanks!

There is no reason I can see why you can't park in the Carnival Garage.

There is no one there checking license plates to see who is on a cruise and who is at the Queen Mary.

When you get to the end of your cruise, you'll just give your parking ticket to the attendant at the exit.

This will just calculate how many days you have been parked in that garage and charge you accordingly.

Probably better anyhow, since there will be a lot of the Queen Mary Halloween guests just parking for the evening in the Queen Mary lot.

If you just take your bags to the bottom of the garage, you will be at the corner of the courtyard that it shared with the Carnival Check In "Dome", and the back of the Queen Mary.

Just roll those suitcases across that courtyard.

As far as your stay at the Queen Mary, it's old yes, the walls can be thin depending on your neighbors, it's not my favorite place to stay for a cruise...

But in your situation, it makes sense.;)

Just try to see if you can get a cabin that does not face the parking lot.

There will be the Halloween revelers making noise in the parking lot, and there will be mazes or such across the parking lot.

No need to have that outside your cabin window. Unless you are prepared for it, and want to watch the "screamers" running out of the parking lot mazes!

You're going to have a blast!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

:D

Thanks Curt. I figured you'd be the one answering!

We're prepared for anything/everything....it'll be fun. If we're kept up until the wee hours of the morning, I'll just give you a call and chat. ;)

I've read that it's common to get dings in the doors when parking in the garage. Is there a level or area, in the garage, that seems to be better at preventing that or is it going to happen anywhere?

Thanks Curt. I figured you'd be the one answering!

We're prepared for anything/everything....it'll be fun. If we're kept up until the wee hours of the morning, I'll just give you a call and chat. ;)

I've read that it's common to get dings in the doors when parking in the garage. Is there a level or area, in the garage, that seems to be better at preventing that or is it going to happen anywhere?

I might have to run down there if I'm in town (and not at my desert house) and give you a big hug!:)

I've never had a ding in the door in that garage, but here's what I always do...

I go up to the higher levels, as you'll see when you get there, the higher the level the fewer the cars.

(It's the same walking distance and elevator to get to the same place on the ground floor).

Then, I look for a spot that is near the outside wall, and next to one of the concrete pillars.

No one can ding my door from there!;)

I think if you keep that in mind, it will make perfect sense when you are in the garage and looking for parking places.

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Curt, I know this is off topic, but I couldn't help but notice that you've been 'promoted' to Blue Ribbon Cruiser. Congrats! But, I personally believe that the name 'Cool Cruiser' fits you better! ;)

Archived