Tenders?

Jen105

Tenders are little boats [around 200 pax] that shuttle you to the island. The first pax allowed are those tsking any Carnival excursions. After those off the ship, then those with free tender tickets [you get them in one of the lounges] allowed off. After a couple of hours, everybody just "shows up"

Tenders run about every 15 minutes. Maybe more often.

For tender's, if you want to be one of the first one's off, you will have a big line to wait to get on a tender. The tender's drop you off at the pier. When you want to get back on the ship you wait in a long line to get the tender back to the ship. If you purchased an excursion from the ship, they will tell you to meet at a certain time and place. Normally, I'll wait for a while (an hour or so) until the lines goes down before trying to get off the ship unless I booked an excursion and have to.

For tender's, if you want to be one of the first one's off, you will have a big line to wait to get on a tender. The tender's drop you off at the pier. When you want to get back on the ship you wait in a long line to get the tender back to the ship. If you purchased an excursion from the ship, they will tell you to meet at a certain time and place. Normally, I'll wait for a while (an hour or so) until the lines goes down before trying to get off the ship unless I booked an excursion and have to.

When we docked in, was it Key West? I think so, we used tenders to get to the shore. It was a big pain in the butt.

How they did it for us was you had to go get a number and wait for your number to be called and when it was, that was your turn to go to shore. We waited FOR-EV-ER until we decided we would just try to get on the next one even though our number wasn't for a long time. Turns out no one was even really showing the numbers, they didn't really care and we just slipped our numbers in our purses, were never asked for them, and were on our way!

Archived