do all cruise lines charge for infants?

ourhoneymoon06

Michelle-

Did I get your other thread banned again?

I was trying to be civil!I just got back on and guess I missed something while I was gone.

Accept my apologies.

Kim

Your post was the last post thread in that thread Kim. I was drafting a response to you when I received a vBulletin message that the thread no longer existed.

Oh geez, I guess I don't want to know what I missed. :confused:

Oh well :(

Just FYI - at 1 your child would (could) be eating regular food. Even if it's only at the buffet' date=' that would still require wait staff to clean, etc (the buffet staff are included in tips). But obviously you're very open minded, which will also really work for you when cruising with baby. After your first year with child, you're really going to need and appreciate all the service you recieve on board! How wonderful to have a child and a cruise to look forward to. Congratulations!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Yep, this is spot on. :) It's nice to be able to have a pretty wide selection of food for a 1 year old while on a cruise. There will be everything from steamed veggies that can be easily mashed, to soups, fruits, yogurts, cereals, etc.

I remember even mashing up some pastas for my tots when they were that age and onboard. ;)

Happy cruising! :D

Yep, some do charge. Just do some research and play around with the dates. The best thing to do is to go to a booking site that does allow you to enter the age of the child (Expedia does)

Then click on "list by price" or something to that effect. You will see the inexpensive cruises first. So although you may be paying for the infant, you may be paying less for the 1st/2nd person (usually the adults) in the cabin. So the overall price of the cruise will be less.

If you are able to travel during dates that typically, other parents cant (during school times, not holidays)....then look for those dates. The price to cruise is often alot less.

I have been on cruises where the kids were $89. I have also been on cruises where the kids were $1,049. ;) Big difference...lol.

So just play around with the booking sites.

Also, some cruiselines are more family friendly....so you may want to exclude ones that aren't.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure one of us can help you.

Welcome to CC :D

Thanks so much for the info but I'm still confused :(. If Travelocity doesn't even have a space to list children under 3, is it impossible to book through them?

Thanks so much for the info but I'm still confused :(. If Travelocity doesn't even have a space to list children under 3, is it impossible to book through them?

OK I really don't ever use that site to research prices, so I just did. This is what it says....

if your child is under the age of 2, please contact one of our Cruise Experts at 877-xxx-xxxx to complete your reservation.

So I guess the easy answer is if you want to check prices for kids under 2, then use Expedia just to get the general prices of each cruise line. Then you can either contact a TA to help you with your booking, call the cruise line directly with the prices you found online or go ahead and call the Travelocity phone number.

I am going to tell you that, personally, and this is ONLY my opinion, I wouldn't use an online service like that if you really aren't sure of what kind of cruise you want.

Since this is a pretty big decision (in most cases...lol) then do your own research and then consult a TA or the cruise line directly.

Just FYI - at 1 your child would (could) be eating regular food. Even if it's only at the buffet' date=' that would still require wait staff to clean, etc (the buffet staff are included in tips). But obviously you're very open minded, which will also really work for you when cruising with baby. After your first year with child, you're really going to need and appreciate all the service you recieve on board! How wonderful to have a child and a cruise to look forward to. Congratulations!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Mia, you are absolutely right! Like I said, it's my first child so I really don't have any idea of what to expect when cruising with little ones! (What she will be eating included LOL) So thanks for the advice. Judging from your profile pic (of the 2 little cuties) you know what you are talking about! Guess I should just pay the charged gratuities for all 3 of us, and then some, like I usually do and be happy ;) I always am as long as I'm cruising which is why I tend to overtip, that and working in the food service industry in the past, so I know how appreciated it is. And they deserve it with the excellent service on Carnival! Thank you for the congrats, also, I have ten weeks left, and if all goes as planned I will most likely be celebrating my daughter's first birthday on the cruise! :o

OK I really don't ever use that site to research prices, so I just did. This is what it says....

if your child is under the age of 2, please contact one of our Cruise Experts at 877-xxx-xxxx to complete your reservation.

So I guess the easy answer is if you want to check prices for kids under 2, then use Expedia just to get the general prices of each cruise line. Then you can either contact a TA to help you with your booking, call the cruise line directly with the prices you found online or go ahead and call the Travelocity phone number.

I am going to tell you that, personally, and this is ONLY my opinion, I wouldn't use an online service like that if you really aren't sure of what kind of cruise you want.

Since this is a pretty big decision (in most cases...lol) then do your own research and then consult a TA or the cruise line directly.

I really appreciate your help. Do you think I should use Expedia in the future? Do you find good deals on there?

P&O cruising from australia dont accept children under 12 mnths on board, however from 12months to 3 yrs they are free. from 3 - 12(i think) they are approx $400 depending on the cruise length and cabin grade, after that they pay 3 or 4th person prices.

its not a bad deal when you are travelling with 1, 1yr old & a 3 yrd old considering most airlines here charge adult prices for the 3 yr old .

I really appreciate your help. Do you think I should use Expedia in the future? Do you find good deals on there?

Actually, no. I don't use Expedia to book, ever. I have seen that they charge a booking fee for some reservations. No need for that when you can call the cruiseline and book directly. :)

Archived