Advice Please - C226 Caribe on Grand

ILOVEMEXICO

Kind of a last minute decision to take another cruise - we've been on two others but always booked early in the spring and had a good selection of rooms. We are able to get a balcony C226 on the caribe deck on the Grand Princess - we have never been that close to the front - is there alot more motion - how old is the Grand - have read some negatives so not quite sure about this ship. Previous cruises were on Golden and Crown

Thanks for your help - we have to decide by Sat....

We were in C210 on the Golden in Feb. I love the Carib deck. No,not much motion ,and that was a Mexican Riviera cruise. The only problem was the distance in walking!!We actually enjoyed being so far forward. We were on the Grand last year--I love these 2 ships. Even though they're older, they don't show their age. The Grand and Golden are sister ships and we've been on both twice. So book it and enjoy your trip!:)

Grand Princess was built 1998 - not old in ship years.

Should you hit heavy pitching seas, you'll feel the motion.

We were in C-250 on Golden Princess, 8-02, and hit a series of storms West of the Azores. We had bowslap spray raining down on our balcony, several windows on Prom Deck shattered due to ship's flexing, and there was a lot of bottle/glass/china damage in bars, shops, and restaurants. Little bumpy for awhile, and we were 6 hrs late into New York City.

Normal seas, you should be fine that far forward.

Like the others said, normal sea conditions you will be fine. I was on the Grand recently and I love the ship. I really did not see many signs of wear and tear other than what is normal. I was in Caribe 720, which is quite far aft and really like the Caribe deck for its location.

Thanks- we are going to book tomorrow - I can't believe it. Deciding on this cruise later than normal and a balcony on the caribe available (although not alot of them). Hopefully calm seas - we were on the crown a couple of years ago and had some rough seas - didn't bother me but hubby could feel it.

Also read the Grand is going to be dry docked for upholstery/carpet replacement in Dec.

Thanks again....

Thanks- we are going to book tomorrow - I can't believe it. Deciding on this cruise later than normal and a balcony on the caribe available (although not alot of them). Hopefully calm seas - we were on the crown a couple of years ago and had some rough seas - didn't bother me but hubby could feel it.

Also read the Grand is going to be dry docked for upholstery/carpet replacement in Dec.

Thanks again....

It will be fine. ;)

Archived