Supermarkets between airport & ship?

I like the sound of the the Woolworths on George/Park Sts. Sonya does your crystal ball tell you if there is handy parking out front? If there isn't I suppose the taxi could circle the block a couple of times. I thought perhaps it might be a possibilty to ring in advance and place an order which would then be ready to pick up, thereby minimising time. This is exciting. We interstaters have to pay airfares on top of the cruise, and we can't take large loads of softdrink on the plane. By hook or by crook I'm getting softdrink on that ship. I'm not going to be disadvantaged because I'm from interstate.

Hi PO,

gee you made me laugh!!!! I don't have a crystal ball, just a laptop with google access that uses a lot of maps and I couldn't see the carpark situation because I am lucky that I am staying in a hotel a block away from Woolworths, and hence will be going there asap to get my 30 pack unless there are cheaper slabs/price per can available. Dammit, I will not be deprived of my softies!

Us interstaters need to stick together ;)

Sonya

I like the sound of the the Woolworths on George/Park Sts. Sonya does your crystal ball tell you if there is handy parking out front? If there isn't I suppose the taxi could circle the block a couple of times. I thought perhaps it might be a possibilty to ring in advance and place an order which would then be ready to pick up, thereby minimising time. This is exciting. We interstaters have to pay airfares on top of the cruise, and we can't take large loads of softdrink on the plane. By hook or by crook I'm getting softdrink on that ship. I'm not going to be disadvantaged because I'm from interstate.

Hi PO,

gee you made me laugh!!!! I don't have a crystal ball, just a laptop with google access that uses a lot of maps and I couldn't see the carpark situation because I am lucky that I am staying in a hotel a block away from Woolworths, and hence will be going there asap to get my 30 pack unless there are cheaper slabs/price per can available. Dammit, I will not be deprived of my softies! Figured I could stow my luggage away as per normal embarkment and then just wait somewhere with all my hand luggage :D

Us interstaters need to stick together ;)

Sonya

The same query, but for a different city as we are departing from Brisbane. I know we don't have a fridge but I have read that a cool bag can be filled with ice instead. Is there a supermarket or similar in Portside. We are staying at a motel very close and arriving late evening so our only option is really Portside itself.

Yes one is a small type supermarket..........never taken any notice if they sell cans but I know they do sell the plastic bottles. Will be back there later this month so I can check it out for you. Kay

The same query, but for a different city as we are departing from Brisbane. I know we don't have a fridge but I have read that a cool bag can be filled with ice instead. Is there a supermarket or similar in Portside. We are staying at a motel very close and arriving late evening so our only option is really Portside itself.

Brisbane Portside is excellent, and you will find just about anything you need.

go to: http://www.portsidewharf.com.au/#shopping

cheers

Archived