Looking for a good excursion in cozumel!!!

gina2edu

I don't know how adventurous you are, but we love doing things on our own with the friends or family we are with instead of the crowds with the ship excursions. We usually rent a car and take of to our favorite shore snorkeling spot, Dzul Ha. Drive over to the far/wild/windward side and sometimes eat at Chen Rio or stop at Coconuts. The current favorite beach if you read this board appears to be Paradise Beach. However, my fav is the more secluded, quieter Nachi Cocom.

If you are not ready to go out on your own yet, there is a guide named Adrian who is highly recommended.

Cozumelinsider.com has alot of info. If you click on Activities at the top and then click on "Do it yourself" at the bottom of that, for tour or snorkel, you will get lots of ideas and pictures.

I have a Roll Call with lots of Cozumel info in case you are interested. The link is

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=31628

Check out posts # 34 and # 44.

Patti

There is another super tour guide here. Nelda is a retired school teacher that lives here and started a small tour company. She caters to what you want to do. http://www.cozumeltours.com

Another option if you don't want to venture out on your own is to do a tour through the ship. Alot of people don't want to risk missing the ship or just feel more comfortable doing a "ship" tour. I have done almost all of the tours and know most of the guys. My absolute favorite is the ECO JEEP AND SNORKEL tour. You go in jeeps (4 to a jeep) all the way south to Punta Sur park. Within Punta Sur, you get some historical background on the Mayans (small but important ruins there - Miguel gives a fantastic speech about the Mayans), get in alittle shopping at the gift center, see the saltwater crocodiles being fed (hope you get to hear Octavio give his info about them), go to the lighthouse (beautiful view from the top), either do some beach time or go snorkeling (the most incrediable reef I have seen here and all equipment is provided) and then some FUN offroading in the jeeps on the way back to the pier. The guides are very safety concious, professional and informative. Soft drinks and bottled water are passed out all during the tour along with chips at the beach. Way fun for all ages...last time I went out with them there were people from about 12 to mid 70's. Everyone had a blast! I highly recommend.

Take a SNUBA trip with Mayan Paradise. We had such a great time with them. What a day! If you like to snorkel and haven't tried SNUBA, you will love it. The crew on the Zorro is full of fun and really understands service. SnubaCozumel.com

If you enjoy snorkeling, try Eagle Ray Divers. ( http://www.eagleraydivers.com )

The snorkeling was extraordinary. The Castellanos were very welcoming and knowledgable. Their boat isn't the prettiest or fanciest, and you have to provide your own transportation to their dock, but it was worth it not to travel in mass ( there were only about 10 of us on the tour last May.)

We've also gone on one of the catamaran excursions... nice, but lots of people. It got kind of crowded...and rowdy on the way back.

You'll have fun whatever you decide to do!

Archived