Advice for romantic cruise for two

I would like some advice on my upcoming cruise on the Princess Ruby or RCCl Independence of the Sea. My family has cruised before on the Carribbean Princess her first year. This trip gave us the cruise bug! We had a wonderful time and loved every minute of it. Last year we decided to go on Celebrity Millie. for our 15th anniversary. Big MISTAKE. We were looking forward to a romantic cruise together but the ship was very outdated and worn and 90% of the passengers were 80 yrs old+. We were the only ones in the bar before dinner. The crew did not even put any music on in the bar since no one was in there! We are not party goers but we like to have a glass of wine before dinner in a nice atmosphere then enjoy a good meal together. We like the Ritz Carlton for our land based vacations. After that cruise I am very nervous about cruising again but the Ruby has caught my eye since they are advertising this ship as a romantic cruise. We are planning to go in Jan. which I know is more likely to have a older crowd. We prefer ages 35-65. RCCl Independence of the Seas is also sailing at the same time but I am wondering if this ship and food would be as nice as we like. I know the passengers would younger.

Any thoughts or suggestions!!!!!

countdown.pl?name=destin%20dreamer&date=10-25-2007&image=Beach-9&text=&ship=Disney%20Wonder

We're 30 & 35 and we had a brilliant "romantic" cruise on Independence, I put that in quotes because my OH is not the romantic type :D . There are plenty of opportunities on the Indy for moments of togetherness and then plenty of times when you can have fun with everybody else (and there is a good mix of ages too)

I would like some advice on my upcoming cruise on the Princess Ruby or RCCl Independence of the Sea. My family has cruised before on the Carribbean Princess her first year. This trip gave us the cruise bug! We had a wonderful time and loved every minute of it. Last year we decided to go on Celebrity Millie. for our 15th anniversary. Big MISTAKE. We were looking forward to a romantic cruise together but the ship was very outdated and worn and 90% of the passengers were 80 yrs old+. We were the only ones in the bar before dinner. The crew did not even put any music on in the bar since no one was in there! We are not party goers but we like to have a glass of wine before dinner in a nice atmosphere then enjoy a good meal together. We like the Ritz Carlton for our land based vacations. After that cruise I am very nervous about cruising again but the Ruby has caught my eye since they are advertising this ship as a romantic cruise. We are planning to go in Jan. which I know is more likely to have a older crowd. We prefer ages 35-65. RCCl Independence of the Seas is also sailing at the same time but I am wondering if this ship and food would be as nice as we like. I know the passengers would younger.

Any thoughts or suggestions!!!!!

I agree with you completely about Millennium.

If looking for romance, I would pick an itinerary that does not have a port call every day. Something like the Panama Canal gives you a day in port then a day at sea on most trips, and just relaxing by the pool every other day is something my DW and I both enjoy. (We just celebrated 29 years.) We have found that port calls every day in 100+ heat does not work well with romance. :eek:

I am not familiar with the itineraries of the ships you mention, but if only picking because of the ship, would pick Independence (as Capt Teo is on her). My next door neighbor swears by Princess, loves every trip she does...and she usually hates everything.

Dave

The Independence of the Seas is a larger ship but has more open spaces for passengers so it will seem less crowded that the Ruby. Both ships have different itineraries with the Ruby doing a 7-Day Western and the Indy alternating with a 6-Day Western and a 8-Day Eastern routes.

We sailed on the Liberty of the Seas (3,400 passengers, sister ship to the Indy) in May with our daughters, and found a younger crowd majority in the 30-50 range. If you wanted non-stop entertainment or a quiet spot to steal-away to you could find it. After reading many of the boards we decided to choose The Serenade of the Seas (2,200 passengers) out of Puerto Rico for a more romantic cruise for the two of us. The ship is a smaller Radiance Class that features large expanses of glass for excellent views of the Sea. It is a Port intensive (6-Ports in 7-Days) cruise in the Southern Caribbean (Ports change in 2010)which allows you to do Puerto Rico if you add days to your flights.

Serenade_of_the_Seas_2008-04-01_02.jpg

The Serenade in Aruba next to the Caribbean Princess

sr_100.jpg

Solarium covered adult pool

sr_144.jpg

Centrum viewed from above

sr_06.jpg

Reflections main dining room

sr_16.jpg

View of the Centrum from below

sr_153.jpg

Main pool