Carnival Website is Not a User Friendly site

Sandytoes

I totally agree. I booked our cruise with a TA about a little less than a yr in advance. When I went back to look at Carnivals site to see if the prices dropped, I couldnt find it! They had the same ship listed as going out on a 7 day (ours is 5) on the the dates we were supposed to cruise! Turns out that the old intinerary was still listed. Eventually it was updated but I thought that was very funny.

Are you trying to book a certain stateroom?

Yes!

I think you need to call to do that now.. Before you could just enter the room.

If you are just trying to look at the map's then you can do that online.

Arrgh!!!

I want to see exactly where a cabin is located on deck.

Deck plan pop-up window either doesn't show or too tiny to read.

Not an easy task :mad:..:( selecting cabins around site.

Do they purposely have their website configured so you choose "Assigned" cabin? :rolleyes:

There has often been a 'common thread' of frustrations between passengers and Carnival Cruise Lines that relates to communication. Perhaps it's the wrong (and differently wrong) information being received each and every time they call 888-Carnival. Perhaps it's the info online not matching what the phones personnel are stating. Perhaps it's misinformation (or even total lack of information) as late as while on the ship. Yes, changes can quickly occur during a sailing which require decisions to be made 'on the spot', but it is my personal belief that some of those passengers would be more accepting if it hadn't been that way for them from the initial point of them saying, "Hey, why don't we go on a cruise??"

Each time the CCL website make a significant change, it coincidentally takes on much of the look of a competing cruise line (and not always the same one). For me it rarely seems like an effort to continue work to perfect what has already been started. Comparing base prices of consecutive sailings within a given month was much easier on an earlier version of the CCL site. And my biggest personal frustration is the unnecessary extra steps to determine 1A pricing. True, I'm in a minority online who wants to check on that. . . but isn't that the price point Carnival uses each and every time they advertise any cruise whatsoever?? "Prices stating as low as $249.00" Ummmm, that definitely ain't for a window or balcony. So it's like dangling a carrot and then playing hide-n-seek with it.

I currently work in an area that is supported by an IT team which includes two individuals who were formerly with CCL. I've found these two to be rather brilliant. According to their side of the story, their management while in that previous job wasn't so great. . . at all. Often asked to push something well before it was properly tested and ready for public use <<insert appropriate drydock analogy here>>. In this very technical day and age, I would hope that a company's web site is a top priority, and that additional funds/energy would be put forth to keep it that way.

Reminder: the comments above are just my own personal opinion

I agree, Carnival's website is not user friendly.

I've given up in frustration more than once while looking at possible trips.

Things that I've had problems with:

•Not being able to enter a cabin number of my choosing.

•Number of guests changing every time a new window comes up.

•Residency sometimes changing when a new window comes up.

•That ridiculously small, annoyingly placed deck/cabin pop-up screen. Have to go through lots of clicking, dragging, arrowing up and down just to see the information. Sometimes it takes a long time before the info. shows, and other times I have to go to another deck level then come back before the deck I want will appear.

•Free upgrades sometimes don't register as free in dollar column. I talked with a PVP about this.

•I'd like to see an expanded discount list. One that includes sales (advertised and unadvertised) - no silly codes needed, the website searches for all that apply to you based on information you provide and your history with them.

And it would be nice if the website came back with a list of all discounts that applied to the trip you're thinking of booking. Too often I'm not sure if any or all of the discounts have applied for a booking.

On my last cruise I heard about a discount, but don't see it mentioned on the website. I'll have to call Carnival and ask about that.

Carnival has added a feature that may be causing confusion. there are now 2 main choices once you've selected your cruise-- Carnival assigned cabin, or Super Saver. Super Saver defaults to the lowest cabin in the class you selected. if you want to see more options, you must select 'Edit' after the Super Saver cabin quote comes up... clunky, yes.

QUOTE=Azure Moon;16602896]I agree, Carnival's website is not user friendly.

I've given up in frustration more than once while looking at possible trips.

Things that I've had problems with:

•Not being able to enter a cabin number of my choosing.

•Number of guests changing every time a new window comes up.

•Residency sometimes changing when a new window comes up.

•That ridiculously small, annoyingly placed deck/cabin pop-up screen. Have to go through lots of clicking, dragging, arrowing up and down just to see the information. Sometimes it takes a long time before the info. shows, and other times I have to go to another deck level then come back before the deck I want will appear.

•Free upgrades sometimes don't register as free in dollar column. I talked with a PVP about this.

•I'd like to see an expanded discount list. One that includes sales (advertised and unadvertised) - no silly codes needed, the website searches for all that apply to you based on information you provide and your history with them.

And it would be nice if the website came back with a list of all discounts that applied to the trip you're thinking of booking. Too often I'm not sure if any or all of the discounts have applied for a booking.

On my last cruise I heard about a discount, but don't see it mentioned on the website. I'll have to call Carnival and ask about that.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one experiencing frustration on their website.

I am going to look at different cruise sites and then call Carnival directly.

What a round about way to get people to cruise their line...:rolleyes:

Go figure!!!!

Arrgh!!!

Do they purposely have their website configured so you choose "Assigned" cabin? :rolleyes:

Sandy, I too had trouble finding deck plan layouts so I called Carnival and they sent a brochure - much easier to navigate plus it was fun to read all the other info included in it. Try that. Personally I think RC makes looking at deck plans/cabin locations very easy. Being able to check out cabins, decks, etc online prior to the cruise is half of the fun of planning a cruise vacation. Kaboochi

Sandy, I too had trouble finding deck plan layouts so I called Carnival and they sent a brochure - much easier to navigate plus it was fun to read all the other info included in it. Try that. Personally I think RC makes looking at deck plans/cabin locations very easy. Being able to check out cabins, decks, etc online prior to the cruise is half of the fun of planning a cruise vacation. Kaboochi

Did they do away with the online brochure?

Thanks Kaboochi

I will give them a call asking for the brochure and along with a comment about their website.

Arrgh!!!

If you are using Internet Explorer and you are having trouble reading small type on any website, hold down the CTRL key and hit the + (plus) key. the page will enlarge each time you do it. It will make it easier to read

Paul

Thanks goodness it's not just me! Of all the travel sites I visit on a daily basis, Carnival's has the worst navigation, hands down. I've not wanted to post anything here about it because I figured I'd get beaten up over it. :eek::cool:

If you are using Internet Explorer and you are having trouble reading small type on any website, hold down the CTRL key and hit the + (plus) key. the page will enlarge each time you do it. It will make it easier to read

Paul

Thanks Paul!!!

I used my zoom on my keyboard which worked.

It's still frustrating to view deck plans.

Sometimes it pops up - sometimes it doesn't.

When it does, it covers the whole page and can't see the cabin numbers.

Archived