Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash?

PyrHeaven

Hey everyone. As I am purchasing some travel size products and getting ready to pack, I got to thinking about shampoo, conditioner and body wash. My assumption is that it is provided, but then I thought, I should never assume anything.:p ;)

So my question....Is shampoo, conditioner, and body wash or bar soap provided in each cabin? And if so, is it any specific brand, or generic? I'm not looking for top notch stuff, and long as it does it's job, I'm ok with using what is on the ship.

I am trying to reduce the amount of "liquids, creams, and gels" that I'm bringing as I am not going to be checking any luggage with the airline nor the cruiseline. So, I'm pretty sure that as long as they have these products, I'll leave my travel size products at home to free up some space in my plastic bag!

Thanks in advance.:)

Not only is it top notch....the stuff is EXCELLENT! All Elemis body products including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soothing eye gel, loofah scrub, etc. etc. I can't even remember what else!

We had a balcony cabin on the Dawn, and they provided body wash and a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner in dispensers. They also had hand soap and a small bottle of lotion by the sink...I don't think they were a particular brand. (We didn't get any eye gel or scrub...maybe that came in a suite?)

Our cabins have included what Karma had. I brought my own shampoo and conditioner cuz I'm a bit picky on what I put on my "clairol color #87" hair.

Unless you have a suite, count on not getting top shelf products.

Have a great cruise!!

On the Sky we were given body wash and shampoo in the shower wall dispensers. Then on the shelf the had small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and moisturizer. Don't remember the brand but they were good. This was in a balcony. On the Sky and Pearl is suites we had Elimis products and had all of the above plus extra stuff like the eye gel, scrubby pads and more.

Hey everyone. As I am purchasing some travel size products and getting ready to pack, I got to thinking about shampoo, conditioner and body wash. My assumption is that it is provided, but then I thought, I should never assume anything.:p ;)

So my question....Is shampoo, conditioner, and body wash or bar soap provided in each cabin? And if so, is it any specific brand, or generic? I'm not looking for top notch stuff, and long as it does it's job, I'm ok with using what is on the ship.

I am trying to reduce the amount of "liquids, creams, and gels" that I'm bringing as I am not going to be checking any luggage with the airline nor the cruiseline. So, I'm pretty sure that as long as they have these products, I'll leave my travel size products at home to free up some space in my plastic bag!

Thanks in advance.:)

You seemed to have gotten quite a few good answers. I would say, if anything, bring a sample bottle of conditioner and maybe a moisturizer (with all the sun and sea water exposure...)

nancy

Thanks for all the quick responses. Sounds like there will be at least SOME kind of shampoo/conditioner, body wash. And it would be an added bonus if I had the Elemis stuff (although I'm not in a suite, so I'm not expecting it).:D

As Nancy suggested, I think I will bring a travel size conditioner as I have some pretty thick hair and that 2-in-1 stuff will get the hair clean but its a work out combing it out afterwards! I also had planned on bringing my travel size bottel of lotion.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!! You guys are great!!:D :D

I would definitely bring your own "stuff". The cruise products are okay, but the conditioner did not get the tangles out of my long hair; I didn't like the fragrance of the shampoo; I didn't like the body wash either, and the lotion didn't take care of one shower. It's not bad; but, bringing your own special products is better.

Terry! I thought you'd be packing by now and we wouldn't hear from you for a while!

Have you and Doug booked all your upcoming excursions? Where are you going? I'll try and keep track on the NCL webcam. I'm getting excited now too!

Keep in touch! Post if you are still awake!

Msbelp

(It's finally cooled down a little, huh? What's this with the weather? It's supposed to be fall!)

I would definitely bring your own "stuff". The cruise products are okay, but the conditioner did not get the tangles out of my long hair; I didn't like the fragrance of the shampoo; I didn't like the body wash either, and the lotion didn't take care of one shower. It's not bad; but, bringing your own special products is better.

I, agree, I bring my own...even in a suite;)

Terry! I thought you'd be packing by now and we wouldn't hear from you for a while!

Have you and Doug booked all your upcoming excursions? Where are you going? I'll try and keep track on the NCL webcam. I'm getting excited now too!

Keep in touch! Post if you are still awake!

Msbelp

(It's finally cooled down a little, huh? What's this with the weather? It's supposed to be fall!)

Weather is great right now.. LOVE IT. We have packed every thing like meds, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc, but haven't pulled out the suitecases yet. We won't do that until Friday when Doug gets home from work. Our cat knows when she see them that we are going away and she gets sad so we put that part off until the last minute.

We do have our excursions booked.. for Roatan we are just going to the beach.. In Belieze City we are going to Lamanai and I can't wait for that. Cozumel we are going to a beach club that we booked online, not through NCL.. I think we will have a blast. Can't wait to check out the Pearl.

Weather is great right now.. LOVE IT. We have packed every thing like meds, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc, but haven't pulled out the suitecases yet. We won't do that until Friday when Doug gets home from work. Our cat knows when she see them that we are going away and she gets sad so we put that part off until the last minute.

We do have our excursions booked.. for Roatan we are just going to the beach.. In Belieze City we are going to Lamanai and I can't wait for that. Cozumel we are going to a beach club that we booked online, not through NCL.. I think we will have a blast. Can't wait to check out the Pearl.

Oh the things we do for our pets!! LOL

Terry, are you going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel? We went in January, and it was a wonderful day.

We were on the Sky last week and I attempted to use all three. The hand soap smelled horribly. I wouldn't wash my tires with that stuff. In the shower, I didn't care for the shampoo, but the body wash had this interesting mint smell that I actually liked. When I washed my face with it, my face tingled for a few minutes afterward. Really liked that. The other two, I'd pass.

Oh the things we do for our pets!! LOL

Terry, are you going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel? We went in January, and it was a wonderful day.

We are..Doug found nachi Cocum either in the ports of call threads or online and we booked it... glad you said that because I am always VERY nervous booking an excursion outside of NCL. I can't wait .. Dear Lord will this week ever pass?? It actually is a fun week for me this week with all I have to do to get read for us to leave for Ft.Lauderdale this Saturday. I have a job interview at 3PM today that I dread.. I hate interviews although this job sounds interesting. After that, the rest of the week will be fun stuff for me.. 8-)

Terry ~ Good Luck on your interview. They are a pain, aren't they? I'm unemployed as well. As far a Nachi Cocum goes, you'll be fine getting to and from the ship. There are cabs at Nachi waiting to take you back. One bit of advice, we were there in Jan., and the fly situation was awful when we ate our lunch at our chairs on the beach. I heard it was a little better in the restaurant (which is covered, but no walls.) Eat early before the flies get wind of all the food and take some bug spray for the sand mites. BTW, the food was great, try the nachos and fresh fish. I know you're not a big drinker, but they really take care of you in that department. Hang out at the pool bar. The pool is lovely. Just like the pictures!

lol! My cat is like that too... as soon as he sees a suitcase of any kind, he gets sad and pitiful looking... our other one doesn't much care... as long as she's got food...

Archived