Hotel In Fort Lauderdale

astaffy

Hi

Could I get some assistance in choosing a decent hotel for a couple days before I go cruising, in the Fort Lauderdale area, anyone that has had a good experience I would like to hear about, best bang for the buck, does not have to be luxury, but clean and conveniently located, hoping to spend around $100/night. Thanks All

You'll get all kinda advice - including to go to the departures board. Check tripadvisor.com - for reviews etc. Tough to find a decent hotel for under $100/night in Ft. Laud - especially in January!

I have 1 night pre-cruise in Ft. Laud - we only need a bed/shower and will be there less than 24 hrs. We're staying at Extended Stay America - 17th Street Causeway - it's $75/night with their coupon ESH10. Has a kitchen (saves on restaurant bills if you eat some at hotel if staying several day), is near several shopping centers, restaurants, stores for last minute items, and short cab ride from both airport and to Port Everglades.

Hi

Could I get some assistance in choosing a decent hotel for a couple days before I go cruising, in the Fort Lauderdale area, anyone that has had a good experience I would like to hear about, best bang for the buck, does not have to be luxury, but clean and conveniently located, hoping to spend around $100/night. Thanks All

I searched hard . The best I found was Sleep Inn Dania . The maniger Vick seemed very helpful . I got a suite 2 double beds non smoking Jan 11 $143.99 per night . They pick up at airport and drop off at cruiseport for no charge . Also Vick said they have an expanded breakfest buffet with hot items . CARL

17th Ave is convenient. Depending on the time of year you may be able to find a hotel for under $100US.

Other areas may have hotels in the price range you are looking for but it will be a distance from the port.

Click Here for a link to Bequias Blog about Ft Lauderdale, Cruising, and more.

Charlie

Sorry - I started my post, then had to leave the computer, so need to revise it given the above posts.

That East coast departure board - Florida section - is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Another place to look would be at TripAdvisor Fort Lauderdale here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34227-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida-Hotels.html

However, I do have a friend who enjoys a very modest Fort Lauderdale motel she returns to every year. It is clean, and the management is friendly. Air conditioning is poor, and I won't under any circumstances consider it for myself. It is the Blarney Castle Motel. Some information and reviews are here:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-12304073-blarney_castle_motel_incorporated-i

I believe this place isn't much above $100, but with taxes added, even it is more.

I know this will sound harsh, but your budget is wildly unrealistic for Fort Lauderdale. You may find something on the internet that appears to meet your criteria, but there is a 99.9% chance it will not be clean or safe.

The best I found was Sleep Inn Dania . ... I got a suite 2 double beds non smoking Jan 11 $143.99 per night .

I too would recommend this hotel. Like most places, the rates there are certainly based on supply and demand. For example, I stayed there in April with an AAA discount for only $98 a night.

Cindy

This priceline I tried to use it and my understanding is you cannot

select a specific hotel from them you just take what they give you

Is this try or am I doing something wrong within the site.

Thanks

Cindy

Thanks

Yes, you can't pick your hotel on Priceline, but if you go to betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com they are excellent sites to help you understand the process. There is also a priceline thread under the Florida departures section that lists the winning bids on priceline and what star rating everyone was bidding. We got the Courtyard Marriott FLL beach for less than $100 a night last year during spring break. Rates on the hotel site showed almost $250! :D At the time it was the only 2.5 star on the beach so I knew what I was getting. Great hotel, newly renovated across the street from the beach and walking distance to restaurants and on the trolley line. Would highly recommend going to Priceline if you do your homework!

you can't pick your hotel on Priceline

This is not quite true. As you may know, Priceline operates in 2 modes. In the transparent mode, you can book a room at a specific hotel. Of course, the rates are generally much higher than the other, "name your own price" mode, where one does not know the name of the hotel ahead of time. Most folks are referring to the second mode of operation when they are talking about Priceline.

Hi

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many times both pre and post cruise. Includes free cocktail between 5:30 - 7:30 each evening. FULL breakfast every morning. Close to the pier and shopping.

Cindy

Thanks

That's true that you don't pick your hotel. But, I did a lot of research and had a good idea of what hotels would come up. The Courtyard is a 2.5 star hotel (on Priceline), but more importantly, I had read the reviews and had decided that I would be happy with it if that was what I got.

Priceline is a great tool, but you need to do your research before bidding.

I tried almost all the diferent sites. I started at priceline went to hotels , tried expedia orbitz etc. There is no deals for jan 09. Embasey suites were $290.00 I bidded to within $25 for 4 star then 3 star no luck . The sleep inn was $179 best price on all the sites. I finally started calling directly diferent places . Sometimes you can get a better price going direct to the hotel bypasing the commision they give to the sites. I got Sleep inn for $145 suite 2 double beds non smoking. Most sites show a lower price but they are 1 queen bed or 1 king bed smoking . Hope this helps CARL

Archived