BEACH BOYS benefit concert - Galveston

EastTexans2

In the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, the show will go on! In an effort to help rebuild Galveston Island and to give back to those so greatly impacted by Hurricane Ike, Moody Gardens and Island Star performances will present a benefit concert on Saturday November 1, 2008, featuring The Beach Boys Live.

Experience a night of legendary music under the stars at the Moody Gardens Outdoor Amphitheater and help the Galveston community in its recovery effort following Hurricane Ike. A portion of ticket proceeds will be donated to the United Way of Galveston to benefit the Galveston Chapter of the American Red Cross and Gleanings From the Harvest - Galveston Food Bank. Tickets are $20 for Festival Lawn and $45 for Premium Seating, both sections are general admission. Net proceeds of $5 from every festival lawn ticket sold and $10 from every premium seat ticket sold will go directly to the United Way of Galveston.

Concert goers also are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items that can be dropped off at a series of collection receptacles located at the front entrance of the concert grounds. All food donations will go directly to Gleanings From the Harvest to help victims of Hurricane Ike in need. The American Red Cross will also be on hand accepting donations from those wishing to make a contribution.

Read the full article at www.galveston.com

Weather is going to be great, Beach Boys will be the best, venue is nice...

All the blusry family will be at Parents Weekend at Texas Lutheran University.

"Dearest daughter, your mother and I are headed to Galveston to remember our 8-track days... all our best." Ohh, and Be True To Your School :)

Ike damage is the most amazing I have seen in my entire life living here. We were blessed with no flooding and just 13k in damage.

Adjusters and repair techs are from everywhere. Our insurance adjuster was from San Diego, telephone guy from San Antonio and power crew from Dallas.

A story I wrote about our wonderful island:

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=27701433da398a0e

Bless those that lost all.

Brian Wilson and his band were featured in the Hollywood Bowl's closing event a few weeks ago. They sold out the "house" including the cheap seats which might as well be in a different time zone. (The traffic jam on Highland Ave. may have dissipated by now but I won't bet on it.)

It was magical to watch kids from 6 to 66 groovin' to forty year old classics that sound as refreshing now as they did on KFWB back then. Everyone left with a smile.

Even though Brian was visibly incapacitated to some extent, he did not let it stop him from putting on a great show and it was obvious that on that stage was the place he wanted to be most.

If you get a chance to see him and his band, especially for a good cause, I promise you won't regret it.

Archived