Live from Navigator

Hi I will try and post daily with an update on our E/Med Cruise.

Cruise so far, day one arrived at port at 1125am and were checked in and onboard by 1155am, Windjammer Lunch was as expected and we wre quite happy. Luggage was at our Cabin by 1500hrs which is a 1st.

Our Table is in Main Dining Room Deck 3 with a Table for Ten, very good Position Excellent Wait Staff(Savio & Phelepe) Food on the 3 nts so far has been as expected Good Quality with plenty of Choices and no $15 Dollar Steak Charge, Black Angus Steak is still on Offer and it was GOOD.

!st day was at Sea and weather was dry with a little Sun. Cabin is great with lots of space and we STILL get Chocs on our Pillows.

2nd day was in Sicily and we visited Toarmina, weather was great for Touring and we had a great day via our RCCL booked Toarmina on your on Tour. Dinner was again up to usual standard with good choices, cannot comment on show but I heard it was good.

Today Mon is a sea day and weather has been a bit on the windy side but sunny, seas a bit choppy but Ship is not moving at all.

If anyone has any Qs I will try and post the answers if available.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us! Sounds like you are having a fantastic time! :)

I will be sailing on the Navigator in December when she comes back to the Caribbean, so ANY information you could pass on about the ship itself would be appreciated! Thank you! :D

Thianks so much for your update on your Navigator cruise...we are leaving on the 10 day on the 31-any info. on tours etc. would be great. We are very interested in hearing about Istanbul.

We finally have a big balcony but concerned about the weather-sounds like it is very "fall-like"(?)

Any info would be appreciated I am sailing on her in April for the 14 day TA. I too would love to know who the concierge is & if that person will there in April. We have a corner aft on the seventh deck so any information on the cabin would be extremely beneficial for me.

Have a great cruise.

Hi all yesterday was spent in Thessaloniki, weather was great temps in 24/25c range and we had a great day. Food in Main dining was again up to high level and everyone in our group enjoyed Dinner, show was good and they had a White Night on deck at 1115pm, it was quite good but very cool.

We arrive Istanbul in about 5hrs however weather is not good today looks and feels cold and grey.

Concierge is Javier with Edward as his assistant, they are a great team and do whatever they can to help.

The ship is in great condition and considering there is a Stabiliser missing we do not fell any motion of the ocean.

Thats it for now bye

Thanks for the regular updates, which are most helpful.

I made the mistake of checking weather forecasts for next week. Rain in Mallorca and Sardinia! Still, if they're as reliable as the forecasts we get in the UK, it should be lovely.

thanks so much for the update. we leave in 4 days to join her in Barcelona on 20th. cant wait. we are in a GS so looking forward to the concierge club.

now RIAFT i checked the weather and it didnt seem too bad for next week. but then i am comparing to rainy Ireland! i am hoping for between 20 - 25 degrees with no rain. i dont even care if its cloudy (though i would love some sun)....as long as it doesnt rain. i am all rained out.

We will be on the Navi for the TA in Nov. We also found out that we have friends on your cruise. First time cruisers, NEWLYWEDS. If you meet a young couple in their late 20' early 30s named Art & Maris, please tell them HI from the Hunters. Thanks. Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly.

Hi again, arrived Istanbull yesterday weather a little damp but not too bad, took local tram into city 1.40Tl fare each way, going in was fine but coming back it was absolutely jam packed, tram Station is a good 10-15min walk from Ship.

Food last night was really good Lamb Shank being especiall good, also for Sea Food lovers my wife said the Large Scallops were out of this world.

Stayed on board today sun shone and we sailed at 2pm. Will check in again soon.

we get on when you get off!! can't wait, weather looks good, about 24-25 most days (75 f)

what was the white night you mentioned? i read a review where someone else said they had one on the night of athens??

how dressy were the formal nights??

what was the passenger mix like?? brits/americans/spanish etc???

counting down the minutes!!

Hi

When you say a stabiliser is missing,what do you mean? Do you mean it is not working or not actually on the ship?

Bit concerned as we are doing a TA this November from Barcelona and she will need all her stabilisers if the weather gets rough in the Atlantic.:eek::eek: :eek:

Thianks so much for your update on your Navigator cruise...we are leaving on the 10 day on the 31-any info. on tours etc. would be great. We are very interested in hearing about Istanbul.

We finally have a big balcony but concerned about the weather-sounds like it is very "fall-like"(?)

Thanks for the information. How is the weather?

We are doing the B2B so any info is greatly appreciated!!! Interested in Istanbul as well.

Thanks again!!!:) Happy cruising!

Tomcat. Have you signed up for the M&M for the Nov. 10 TA Cruise Critic group

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536832&page=33

One of the stabilizers was cut off, I think in the spring and will be replaced when the Navi is in for drydock next year.

Yes, we were on it in April and it was cut off, we were held in Lisbon water by the port authorities? and could not leave until some thing was done to fix the problem of the broken, wouldn't go in I believe, stabilizer.

We are on the TA and hope for smooth seas!!!!!!!!

@Poohb. Yes we have now signed up to the meet and mingle,looking forward to it.

Has anyone been on rough seas since the stabiliser was cut off? How did the ship handle and does anyone know if they can just use the one stabiliser or do they need to work as a pair?:)

Like CVU we were on the Navigator TA when the port side aft stabilizer had to be cut off because it would not retract.

The ship normally has four stabilizers, two aft, two forward. They help keep the ship from rolling sideways, but have little to no effect on pitch (the fall and rise of the bow and stern). All this info from a ship's engineering officer who was on deck while many of us were hanging over the railing watching the cut off. They can still use the forward two stabilizers, but not the single aft stabilizer.

The officer also said they rarely use them because of speed limitations and drag effects that consume more fuel when extended.

I'm not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once or twice.

Archived