charter bus to new orleans port

nowendy

we have a fairly large group sailing out of new orleans. we are thinking about chartering a bus to drop us off and pick us up. anyone out there ever do this? I am wondering if there is a certain place to drop us off( or if they just wait in line), also concerned about the confussion of unloading all the luggage from the bus and sorting it out.

If anyone out there has down this, would you do it again, or just let everyone travel tp the port on their own.

Thanks in advance

Get the bus to drop youoff at the pier. No need to sort it out- Make sure all the people have their luggage tags on their suitcases. Unload the luggage and just hand it to the porters. (make sure each person has a dollar a bag to tip the porter) After the cruise is when you will all need to sort it out.

when we cruised last, the porter made sure that all of luggage was tagged the correct way etc..... wouldn't being on a bus make it more confusing for the porter?

Also does the bus have to wait in the same line and the cars that are dropping passengers off, or do they have a special line to get into?

[QUOTE=nowendy]we have a fairly large group sailing out of new orleans. we are thinking about chartering a bus to drop us off and pick us up. anyone out there ever do this? I am wondering if there is a certain place to drop us off( or if they just wait in line), also concerned about the confussion of unloading all the luggage from the bus and sorting it out.

If anyone out there has down this, would you do it again, or just let everyone travel tp the port on their own.

Thanks in advance

Dear NOWENDY:

I have chartered a bus. Picking all the people shouldn't be a problem. I chartered with Machu Picchu tours (504-561-9050) they held up a sign for the customers. Just make sure you get the cell numbers for the people traveling and give it to the company. Anyone missing will be called, and think of a group name or passenger name to put on the sign for the driver.:p

Archived