Headed to the Caribbean soon. . . .

cruisestyle

We are headed to St. Marrtin, St. Thomas and Grand Turks. Are things/places walkable or are taxis needed ? Has anyone done the stingray adventure ( with Princess) ? Was hoping for interaction with the rays. I would bet there are cameras to take photos to sell ! Any input with pros and cons. New adventure for us !!!! THANKS ahead of time. . ..

In St Maarten, I highly recommend the 12 Metre Challenge.

http://www.12metre.com/

You will spend about 90 minutes on the bay right by the cruise ships in Phillipsburg racing against another America's Cup yacht. Two of Dennis Conner's "Stars and Stripes" yachts are raced. You can be an active participant, or you can just sit and watch. This is one of the funnest shore excursions available anywhere.

We are headed to St. Marrtin, St. Thomas and Grand Turks. Are things/places walkable or are taxis needed ? Has anyone done the stingray adventure ( with Princess) ? Was hoping for interaction with the rays. I would bet there are cameras to take photos to sell ! Any input with pros and cons. New adventure for us !!!! THANKS ahead of time. . ..

On St. Martin, just walk to the end of the Pier and get a ticket for the water taxi (big sign, you can't miss it on the left) if you want to go to the beach or into town for shopping. (you can walk it, but it is quite a long walk). Last visit it was $5 per person for unlimited trips back and forth. They run all day long and if you miss one, no worrys there will be another one right behind it.

Archived