Captain's Table: Does Princess still do this ?

Sailfish

We were wondering if Princess has done away with the Captain's Table at dinner? We had the pleasure of being invited to sit with the captain aboard the Celebrity Millenium last February and was curious if this tradition has also been done away with on Princess?

Thanks.

We were wondering if Princess has done away with the Captain's Table at dinner? We had the pleasure of being invited to sit with the captain aboard the Celebrity Millenium last February and was curious if this tradition has also been done away with on Princess?

Thanks.

I have not seen this in more then 10 years, we did dine with the PSD last month on the Island though. :)

Thanks.

Why have a Captain's table if you can get people to pay for a Chef's table?

This is a business not a love boat series on TV.

I agree, it has been a long time since I have seen a captain's table on a Princess ship. The last time was probably back in the 90's.

The Captain now usually has a luncheon or cocktail party for the most traveled passengers onboard (most ships). But an invite to the actual dinner table doesn't come up anymore as it just rarely happens.

Why have a Captain's table if you can get people to pay for a Chef's table?

This is a business not a love boat series on TV.

Oh No, I can see it now, an onboard auction with the highest bidder joining the captain for dinner at a special table. OMG, let's not give them any more ideas to make money. lol

Oh No, I can see it now, an onboard auction with the highest bidder joining the captain for dinner at a special table. OMG, let's not give them any more ideas to make money. lol

Do I hear $250 . . . . .??

Mike:rolleyes:

Yes it does still happen. A friend of mine, his wife and two other couples were invited to dine with the Captain on the Island Princess a few days ago. They had cocktails first and then came to the Anytime dining room around 8:30 and stayed until around 11:00.

Snowskier

Mike, personally, I would pay someone to take my place. Doesn't interest me in the least. :)

OK Mike & Toto,

Just pony it up . . .

Mike $ 0.25

Toto $399.75

We'll be pleased to join the "Captain's Table" for the both of you.

Isaac, Where's that wine ???

Thanks ! :D

OK Mike & Toto,

Just pony it up . . .

Mike $ 0.25

Toto $399.75

We'll be pleased to join the "Captain's Table" for the both of you.

Isaac, Where's that wine ???

Thanks ! :D

Ouch! For that price, I can make it through dinner with ALMOST anybody. lol

Thanks for the replies - I was just curious and not seriously "hoping", but some members of my group have expressed some interest, so I thought I would ask.

Other cruise lines continue with this tradition, but the ones that do are not offering anytime dining. I am sure they too will do away this once more dining options become avalable. The few times I did it was very nice, but I would not go out of my way to do it again.

Thank you again for the input.

Archived