See the pitons and nice beach?

GLCAS

There are going to be 4 ships in the day we are in St. Lucia! So I think Reduit Beach is out....:( That seems to be where the ships take paxs. We would like to see the Pitons and spend some time on a beach not too far from port. Any suggestions?? I realize that this seems to be a slow thread but we leave in 2 months, so it should be ok. We don't want to end up on a beach with wall to wall people. Help.........

Not sure which cruise line you are sailing on. But, we did such an excursion last February while on the Emerald Princess. We took a catamaran cruise to the Pitons. They were stunning. They reminded us of the steep, rocky peaks in French Polynesia. We also stopped at a black sand beach, named "Anse Cochon" (Bay of Pigs), where we could swim for about 40 minutes.

Enjoy St. Lucia.

DavidnSteph

The following is from the Princess St. Lucia site;

"Catamaran Cruise To The Pitonsspacer.gifTour ID: SLU-104spacer.gifA trip to St. Lucia isn’t complete without seeing the island’s most notable landmark, the Pitons — a...spacer.gifAvailable: Sep 15, 2008 - May 20, 2009

Sailboat Cruise; Scenic Cruise; Snack Included; Swimspacer.gifAdult: Starting from $59 Child: 12 & under reduced"

We are doing a private tour with Spencer Ambrose and are going to spend some extra time snorkelling by the Pitons.

Hope this helps.

GLCAS have you considered looking up serenity's website? We did a tour with them but it did not include the pitons. Instead we did the zipline and fun at the beach. Like you rightly said the cruise ship takes their pax at Reduit beach so instead we went across to pigeon island which was well worth the price. We didn't for one moment feel like a herd of cows. We had the chance to hike up too Fort Rodney and Serenity oganized a local lunch for us right at the beach where we then relaxed on our beach chairs. We will never forget this tour it was just fantastic. Our ambassador for the day was Sherma. She too was excellent. They have a tour which takes you to the volcano then a beach I think they beach break is either at Pigeon island or Anse chocon (?SP)All the best and do enjoy St.Lucia was is amazing.

• 2 months later...

This is a great site - thanks. I did find an error though. It said that we were docking the same day as another Royal Caribbean ship and I went to RC's website and found that they were wrong (thankfully) - otherwise there would have been 5000+ people visiting Barbados at the same time! I was happy that it listed the ships so that I can check it out! ;)

Archived